best part of season-it's over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best part of season-it's over

So many demands on my mind....buy this, go here, go there, come visit here, go visit there.

I really do appreciate everyone wanting my/our presence, but really, I am craving some boring quiet time without all these demands on my time.

Yeah I know I am whining. I know it could be worse. I know I know I know... but I am so tired and overwhelmed.

sorry for the rant and vent.
    karen
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

I'm sorry to say, but I agree with you. I am having a terrible day today and just doing nothing. I tried to make a salad for a picnic at the in-laws but DH had to finish. I so just want to just stay here in my recliner...

Sue

Comment

First of all, never apologize for a rant/vent.. its why most of come here. But dang of course you want some quiet time. Its important for you health and well being to know when to pace yourself then make sure you have control over it.

So WE understand..but how are YOU going to communicate what you need and set those boundaries? REmember we have to teach others how we need to be treated.. they cannot read our minds. Who do you need to tell first?

I simply left earliest at Christmas as it got noisier and more hectic.

Hugs, hang in there.
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I could not agree more. By last night I was in bed crying, because I just needed a break. My body hurt so much and I was so tired, both physically and emotionally. The holiday season definitely takes it's toll on those of us with MS.

Comment

Oh, I couldn't agree more!!! If my husband doesn't go back to work soon I am going to freak out (he too the week before Xmas and the week after off). If my college aged kids don't go up skiing for the week, I'm gonna go totally mental.

I am having trouble walking, swallowing, fatigue is berserk. Start Solumedrol infusions on Tuesday.

And, I'm in this shape after doing as little as possible over the holidays. Good grief.

It was absolutely grand to have time with family and friends and all of it are very important pieces of life. But, it seems that no matter how well I moderate and pace myself, it's just all too much.

That's just the way it is, we will all recover.

Comment

I loved te holidays this year, dd came home and put up my village for me cause I never got to it.
            and I fell asleep on Christmas day at sister in laws, but I loved it all.

I am paying for it now and I am glad dd i back home and I can do nothing for awhile.

JudySz

Comment

I hear you! I am so glad the holidays are over, even tho they were fun. (I couldn't wait for some quiet boring time.)

But now after I've recuperated? I am soooooooo bored, I'm beside myself. I don't know how to pass the time.... maybe it's just winter with less light and bad weather, but I find it kinda depressing. Wishing there was a good balance to this life!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

The only good thing about the holidays is the post season...when people have new adorable pictures of their kids to show..it just seem like a lot of misery to get new pictures!
                xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Amen! You've never seen the Christmas decorations come down so fast. I had those suckers boxed up by 2 p.m. on Christmas day. Kids have their presents and Christmas is OVER. And now I don't have to do any of that for another whole year!
                  Proud Mom of three kids!
                  dx'd 1996

Comment

Working...
                  X