O.K. So to lighten things up a bit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. So to lighten things up a bit...

I leave in a few hours for warmer weather...unlike most, I am "cold intolerant"...so I am going to sunny Southern California to spend the Holidays with friends, no internet...just lots of sun!

I would like to wish you all a Happy Holiday (whichever one you celebrate), and may ALL of us have a much better 2012, because 2011 really sucked for me.

And most importantly, thank-you for allowing me to ride this train with you all. I have learned alot and have already made some new friends.

Happy Holidays! Katie

I live in southern Cal. Be ready for some cooler weather! It's been unseasonably chilly here, although still warmer than most places this time of year! Have a wonderful vacation!

Comment

Lucky you!!! Have a safe and fun trip!!!
      DX 10/26/11

Comment

Thanks for the reminder to lighten up. Sometimes I feel like when I "reveal" my M.S. people expect me to walk around hunched over, sad, and dragging my tail between my legs for the rest of my life or just disappearing out of the social scene completely. This just pressures me into act like the hopelessly optomistic MSer, and I'm not sure why? Is it to make them feel better or to make me feel better?

New year's resolution? To be true to myself instead of trying to figure out how I should "act" in each given situation as that "person with M.S.". I am that "person with M.S." but I am also Tawanda, too!
        Tawanda

Comment

Good idea Twanda! I have found in the past if I allow a label to define me I lose who I really am, whether that label is mother, wife, alcoholic (sober in recovery) or a sick individual. We all are sooo much more than that. I have bad days (weeks, months, years) when I need to experience those difficult feelings and there are times when I need to "act as if" I believe I have the strength and courage to muddle and push through.

My wish for all of us is that we are able to each find even just a small bit of peace during this Holiday Season.

Merry Merry Christmas! - Michele
          M.
          A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X