Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunburn type pain?

Hi Friends,

I have a "new" symptom. It started a few mos. ago, but is now more frequent and hurts more. It feels like there is a sunburn on the side of my foot - it only comes on sporadically and lasts about 5 min - but it takes my breath away.

Anyone else have this?

New symptom + blurred vision + worsening fatigue --> wondering if it's holiday stress or a flare.

Hi Mom Happy Holidays

It doesnot sound like flare to me BUT if you believe it is call Dr. I have that symptom too on bottom and side of both feet. I think it is worse when I push too hard or go too long. Sometime my exercises seem to bring it. Will watch this thread to see what others may do about it. I want to do something about pain but don't know what. So until the pain gets really bad I think I can manage with rest and soaking feet LG
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

I had that sunburn sensation on my forearm off and on, for about a month. I haven't felt it in about a month

My weird symptoms coincide with high stress levels ... Maybe the holidays are doing that to you too? Probably worth a call to your doc to let them them know what you are feeling?
      dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

I have had that sx for several years. Your skin is sensitive to the touch and any clothing rubbing against it. I usually have it on my arms, hands and very rarely on my back. My PCP rx a topical gel called VOLTAREN. Now, when it is applied it hurts because the gel is cold and the skin is sensitive. The pain only lasts a few seconds and is well worth it. You have to let the gel dry good before putting any clothing over the affected area.

I keep a tube at home and at work.
        Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
        Babe Ruth

Comment

Hi momto,

I get different types of burning pains, sunburn is one of them. The usual place is on one side of my face or on my chest. Most of the time it will last for an hour or two, but nowhere near as severe as you described.

happy Friday!
          - john

Comment

sunburn

Thanks for the feedback, friends. I've left a msg. for the doc - we'll see if they contact me before the holiday weekend.

We're having a great holiday season and I thought I wasn't all that stressed - I'd prepared ahead of time for most of it, but maybe the busyness is enough stress? I'm exercising every day and just bumped my walking from a mile to 1.5 miles. Maybe that's done something?

I'd love to know if anyone else has it and how they deal with it.

Comment

I had this feeling on my left forearm for about a month earlier this year but it was not during a stressful time or anything. It would happen when I itched or rubbed the area and lasted about 10 seconds. I had to learn to work around it and lightly pat it dry after showers, be careful with clothes, things like that. I took Gabapentin but I didn't feel any better from that, may have been just me (you may benefit from it). Hope yours goes away soon like mine did and you can find some relief!!
              "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power
              is made perfect in weakness." -2 Cor. 12:9

dx 11.23.10 RRMS

Comment

Working...
              X