MS symptom or am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS symptom or am I crazy?

I was just diagnosed with MS 12/6/2011, first sign of trouble 2003. Anyway, I am currently having no symptoms that I am aware of. I feel good, tired at times, but overall, good. The wierdest thing has been happening every now and then though and I can't help but wonder, am I crazy or is this legit? Sometimes I feel like I'm having these sort of internal tremors. I mainly notice it when I'm trying to get to sleep at night. It's nothing painful, it's just wierd and distracting. Anybody else ever had anything like this? I really don't even know what a lot of the MS symptoms are. I've had vertigo and optic nueritis, that's it.

When that happens to me I tell people..."my bones are shaking again" It happens to me often. Mainly at night when I am laying down in bed.
    A woman I work with also has MS and she says she gets it often and her daughter was sitting next to her on their couch cuddling and her daughter could feel the trembling. I have never been close enough to anyone when it happens to know if anyone can feel mine.
    DX 10/26/11

Comment

Yup. I think it's a form of spasticity (essentially mini spasms). An extra dose of baclofen (per my neurologist) was enough to help my sleeping.

Comment

I get that quite frequently. I seem to get it after doing more than I probably should and sit down or at night lay down. It feels as if I am trembling from the inside out. You can't see me shaking but I can sure feel it. Unlike the vibrations I also get for no apparant reason, it is more like my muscles are over worked.

Comment

Me too

I get those, particularly at night. It's funny you mentioned that because I went to my neuro for the first time and said, "I know you're going to think I'm crazy, but I'm vibrating internally in my pelvis." He's said, "I've seen crazy, and you're not crazy." So good to know it's not just me

Comment

me too

I had the pelvic tremor/vibration that made me think my cell phone was going off until I reached in my pocket and my cell phone wasn't there. Also I get mini muscle spasms under my ribcage sometimes or in an arm or leg. They aren't painful and don't cause me not to fall asleep. My muscles will also twitch or jump at times. I was recently diagnosed and am feeling great right now (knock on wood) but these little symptoms are just part of the everyday for me.
            ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
            Dx the first time: 10/25/11
            Avonex 1/12-10/12
            Revaluation of Dx 10/12
            Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

So glad to know that I am NOT crazy!! Hate that anyone is having to deal with this mess at all but it is comforting to know that I am not alone in this. Left eye has been twitching off and on all day today. Could that be MS as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonya2011 View Post
                Left eye has been twitching off and on all day today. Could that be MS as well?
                It might be, but eyelid twitching is usually due to stress, illness, too much caffeine and general tiredness (people with MS can have any of those). Mild eyelid twitching is so incredibly common in the general population that it can be hard to pin to MS. To find out more about it, you can google "eyelid myokymia."

MS fatigue might make someone more prone to the tiredness that can lead to eyelid twitching, and MS can cause unusual cases of eyelid twitching, but general eyelid twitching is more related to stress and tiredness than MS. When I was in college, my lower lids used to twitch like crazy during finals weeks and then stop right afterward, after a good night's sleep.

Could yours be from Christmas week stress?

Comment

eyelid twitch

I am disagreeing a bit with RedWings, as I NEVER had eyelid twitching until recently. I was diagnosed about 9 months ago.

Maybe it is linked to stress and tiredness, true, but until diagnosis, it was never there. Now it is. often.

Merry Christmas all.

karen
                  You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Working...
                  X