HAIR LOSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAIR LOSS

HAD MY HAIR CUT TODAY AND WAS TALKING WITH MY HAIRDRESSER ABOUT MY THINNING HAIR. SHE SAID I HAVE A BUNCH OF SHORTIES ON MY LEFT SIDE MORE TOWARDS THE TOP. 6 MONTHS AGO HAD STEROIDS FOR 5 DAYS. HAIR AND NAILS GREW LIKE CRAZY THEN 3 MONTHS LATER HAIR STARTED FALLING OUT LIKE CRAZY. NOTICED THIS WEEK LESS LOSS OF HAIR. I AM ON REBIF ALSO. ANY IDEA IS IT RELATED?STRESS WITH YOUR BODY DOES STRANGE THINGS THAT WAS THE SIDE ON HAD TOTAL LOSS OF CONTROLL. I WAS OUT OF WORK OVER 5 WEEKS. SO LOOKING TO HEAR ANYONE ELSE HAVE ISSUES WITH HAIR?

Hello nilesmimancinos,

The Disease Modifying Drugs such as Rebif can cause hair thining/loss. I would highly recommend Nioxin Hair Care Products. Nioxon is Dermatologist recommended.

URL for Nioxin:

http://nioxin.com/en-US/home-page.aspx
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Yes I have hair loss it seems to start right before a relapse for me falls out in handfuls very scary. It grows back and yes then your stuck with shorties however those are great it's you new baby hair coming back.
      Make sure your getting enough vit D3 and all your B vit too. I now take a supplement that is for hair skin and nails from GNC plus a shampoo and conditioner that is loaded with biotin. It will help heaps for you. Don't forget all your amino acids too. You will fab and hair will be thicker longer and healthy.
      Skinny/Jess

In Limbo for 7 years. MS Dx July 2011. I am a Copaxone Cutie

Comment

I was in the hospital with a jawbone infection [from the steroids] and that's when all my long thick wavy hair fell out. I have only a few strands left from that crop. Now, only a few babies. I was given strong IV antibiotics, strong antifungals, strong pain meds and hospital food for two weeks. Medications all seem to cause stress on the body.

That was a year ago and I'm beginning to accept that it's not going to come back. I just ordered some real pretty scarves to wear that are for cancer patients. I'm looking forward to their arrival.

It's a bummer. Seems to be part of being sick.

Comment

hair loss

Hi Niles,

I lose my hair about 3 mos. after solumedrol. It's goes like clock work.

Sorry you're going through it. Noo fun!

Comment

Working...
          X