Second Relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Relapse

Hi, I am 34 yrs old and was diagonesed about 3 years ago when my right side of my body went numb. That lasted about 3 months. Since then I have dealt with fatigue in the summer and some pain. 3 days ago my left hand and foot went numb and I have no strength in either. With my first relapse it was numb, but I still had strength. I am left handed and I can barely hold a pen and lift my left foot. I just wanted to see if anyone had a relapse like this and how long it lasted. I am just hoping my right side doesn't go as well. Also what kind of treatment is out there to help things out. I will call my neurologist on Monday.

Sounds like it could be another one...if it gets worse go to the ER I am wondering the same right now my tremor is way worse and I feel like poo call your doc 1st thing or if need be like I said go to the ER but you know there they will give you a room and a bag of roids for a few days.
    Skinny/Jess

In Limbo for 7 years. MS Dx July 2011. I am a Copaxone Cutie

Comment

I have never been on steroids. Will I blow up and be hungry all the time? I know there are different kinds. Thanks for listening

Comment

Bard,
        My first flare left me with very little strength in my left side. This did not last but a few weeks. I'm a lefty too so not being able to hold a pen or a fork is not fun. The steroids for me do make me a little bit puffy and want to eat anything in sight. Of course, I want to eat everything in sight most of the time anyways. Good luck.

Comment

steroids

Hey Bardothebulldog,

I have had steriods twice for two particularly icky relapses. Everyone deals with it differently but I did find it hard to sleep and I wanted to eat as well. with my first time on steroids I just ate all the time but the second time I was doing weight watchers and was able to be more aware of what I was doing.

Both times I put on a little weight but most of it came right off once I was off the roids for a week or so. But they helped so much that a couple of sleepless days and stuff didn't matter to me.

It took about 2 weeks both times before I felt almost back to normal but it was worth it. My first relapse had been almost 6 monthes before I was dx so I was thrilled when the pain started to go away after being treated with steroids.

Like I say, everyone is different but those are my experiences.

Comment

steroids

I started intravenous steroids today. 2 more doses the next 2 days, then oral for a week. Hopefully it will help stop my relapse. Thanks for all the kind words.

Comment

Working...
            X