No announcement yet.

Solumedrol - first time - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you also doing the predisone taper? That seems to help somewhat with the crash.

The last time I did IVSM, my neuro also rxd elavil. What a difference it made in my mood swings and overall attitude. I usually had at least one meltdown or fight with my husband or family and that time... nothing embarrassing.

My husband asked me to take it all the time!

I also stuck up on chewy lemonheads to help with the "bad penny" taste.

But I like the grape ones the best so my husband buys me lots of boxes and I dig out the ones I want.

Hope you continue to see improvement.

Comment

Update!

Hi all and thanks for the support and suggestions.

I finished the 3rd dose Saturday and had a mini melt-down when hubs took out the iv...

Yes, it was burning and very uncomfortable on Sat, I think the "needle" was bent some as it looked when removed.

Had the worst brick in my stomach feeling yesterday, and today is worse, throbbing up and down my body, edgy, dizzy, etc.

I did not get a taper down, so will ask for that if there is a next time.

Getting a thorasic mri tomorrow to see if there was something there that wasn't just 3 months ago.
      Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
      Ampyra 10mg 2xday
      Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Skinny, I don't get the burning but I get like an achy feeling in my arm/veins...on day one it isn't too bad but by my 3rd infusion it gets pretty intense. I have said something to the nurses in the past and they don't really have an answer for me and yet also don't seem concerned..
        "Once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." - Bill Cosby

Comment

Working...
        X