Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voice pitch

um,
    I feel like I must sound like a teenage boy: my voice is cracking all the time and I am having some difficulties modulating my voice. Its annoying me especially when I talk to my children (they really rely on my tone of voice to figure how serious I am ) Sometimes my voice is really to quiet and other times it "breaks" mid word and is squeaky and all over the place.

I have a lot of new symptoms at the moment so I guess this could be part of that...

Anyhoo, give me a shout if you been there

Lynne
    *undiagnosed and just hangin' in there somehow*

loss of voice when singing, argh

I definitely have voice issues. When things are bad, and I am experiencing exacerbations, my singing voice is AWFUL. HORRID. DEPRESSING.

I have sung all my life, and sing at church. I am a soprano, and there are times I have to sing down an octave with the male tenors. Then, POP my voice comes back and I am able to do the high harmonies. There is no rhyme or reason to it at all. In fact it was one reason I knew something was wrong before my diagnosis, because it was happening all the time.
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I assume my voice issues are due to vocal cord weakness or tremor. But yes it's all over the place, uneven pitch, worse when I'm tired or not feeling well. I do not sound like myself, and I don't like the way it sounds. At. All.

Comment

yes!!!!!
        you understand!!
        Zilphia, I was never a great singer, but now I dont have any voice strength or control at all, so I just leave it (for me it's not terrible, my family is probably happy about it )
        But I was just thinking a week ago: If I was, this would be seriously disappointing!
        MSW: yup: when I am tired or stressed, def. worse. I feel like I cant control the muscles properly. I am not hoarse, my voice just varies between being weak (then I cant raise my voice no matter how hard I try) or it is high pitched and cracked. I struggle with it.

But alas, there are worse things I suppose even if we are quite attached to the sound we've heard all our lives....

Comment

lynnepynne, I did sound a bit whinney in my post. My voice definately annoys me and others. I stand by my post, but it's insignificient by comparrison to others more serious sx's.

There are definately bigger fish to fry; more dragons to slay. Take care.

Comment

MSW, not at all!
            (Or maybe I didnt catch it over the whine of my own posts )

We all agree this is the one place it really is ok to complain, right?!
            Plus, the small things can be not only bothersome but also remind us everyday about things changing which we cant choose or control: in this case, our voices we have known all of our lives.
            Sure, it is a little pale sitting next to say, having to be in a wheelchair or incontinence or tremors. And we know this. But it is important, at least to me.

Happy Friday!
            Lynne

Comment

been there, done that, doing it again!

voice problems aren't minor! if your voice is changing, something else could be going on also.
              have you called your dr about it?

i just got back from mine because my voice started going in and out 12 days ago. i do have an infection and gerd is burning my vocals. plus fluid in lungs because vocal cords decides which way liquid goes- stomach or lungs.

i learned all this the hard way over 2 yrs ago. went to family dr. treated for laryngitis, neuro who sent me to ENT who sent me to speach therapy and eventually did surgery on a shrunk left vocal cord.

until now i have been doing well.

sorry, shorter version- consult your doctor! that's what we pay them for. don't assume it's not anything to worry about. if it's a new sx s/he needs to know.

i pray that it's something simple, but we can't afford to ignore sx's.

take care and may God bless ya!!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hi Pooh!
                thanks for your input.
                I just assumed since I'm not sick (like with a cold or something) nor have I been in about a year it wasn't anything to do with that kind of illness.
                Right now I am considering going into the clinic anyway (because rather suddenly my walking is utter crap, as in, I can't really) so I will bring it up if I go in. (just one more thing to make me look like a looney)
                Again, nice of you to comment
                Best wishes and hoping for improvement for you
                Lynne

Comment

Working...
                X