Over did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over did it?

My daughter had her 18th birthday yesterday, and what she wanted was the family to go shopping with her. So off to the BIG city to shop in a huge mall. I started out ok, but as the afternoon went on, my legs and feet got so painful. I found myself looking for benches to sit on. By the end of the after noon I was so exhaused, I literally came home, took tylenol and ibuprofen and went to bed, then slept in again today. Still feeling exhausted, but also the buzzing/vibrating feelings in my legs and arms have gotten so bad today. I can lie still and it feels like every inch of me is vibrating Also they feel sooo weak. I guess I over did it, and my body is trying to catch up or something. Do you easily over do it? And what kind of symptoms do you get when you do over do it?
    Christie ~ RN, Married with 2 beautiful daughters and a beautiful granddaughter
    Dx: Ulcerative Colitis ~ 2004, Diabetes ~ 2005, Fibromyalgia ~2011, and now in MS limbo-land since April 2011

yes, yes, and yes

That sounds like what I do/have done. That is one of the hardest things to find that balance, especially when it comes to family.

Eventually, you will learn to balance it out. But, then something like a dtr having a 18 birthday party/request.

When I overdo it, I have almost the same symptoms as you. But, these symptoms are not new for me.

Pick your battles, I would assume that it was worth it for your dtrs birthday. Next time, maybe, use a w/c.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

It sounds like what happens to me too. I'm slowly learning that if I have a full day, I need to plan to go to bed immediately upon arriving home - even if it's dinnertime.

Comment

Every time I over do it I get pain in my legs and feet. I also get very fatigued. A good example is this weekend. My husband and I went to an auction all day Saturday. By noon I had to hand on to him for support and lean against stuff to stand. My feet felt like they had shards of glass embedded in them. Yesterday we needed wood for the buck stove so I went with him and he did all the cutting and I stacked in the truck what I could by the time we got home I couldn't move. I had to take the muscle relaxers and lay on the couch. The problem is; things still need to get done and my husband has the flu, I can't leave it all on his shoulders so I do what I have to do then take my punishment. MS is the pitts!
        Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Working...
        X