Leg cramping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg cramping

I have been having really sharp cramps in my right leg. My last MRI was about a year ago and I have been doing pretty well over this last year. Typical symptoms, mostly fatigue. All of my lesions, up to this point, are in my brain, nothing visible on the spinal MRI, last year. I'm scheduled for an annual MRI in January but was wondering given the pain in my right leg over the last few days if I should call my doctor about getting in sooner. It's not significantly impacting my day, it just hits hard and fast and lasts maybe 30 seconds at a time.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this.

Silverlinings

I feel for you. Leg & foot cramps (spasms) and pain have been the bane of my existence for the past three months--
    I doubt they're a reason to move your MRI up, but I think you should definitely let your doctor know. The best recipe to start with is hourly stretches to counter the tendency to cramp. Most of that might be intuitive for someone in touch with their body; I needed to be shown, and now have a whole little routine that can take anywhere from 2-10 minutes depending on how long I have at different moments in the day.

It seems to help, but my cramps and pain have been in both legs, up and down, night and day, and I wouldn't be sane without Baclofen. After 3 months on 40 mg a day I've tried to cut down, but the spasms are back as soon as I do. I hope you'll be fine w/o it and that calculated stretches will scare the cramps away.

Comment

Most of my leg cramps are in the afternoon and at bedtime, I will take 5mg during the day and I take 10mg of baclofen just before bed so I can sleep all night

Comment

I have leg cramps almost non stop and all doctors gave me was Lyrica doing nothing for pain.

Comment

lyrica and gabapentin (neurontine) will help with the burning pins and needle pains for bad cramps you need a muscle relaxer too like baclofen. If it weren't for those rx my legs would have me curled up in bed. I would call the doc because whether or not you have new lesions don't change the fact that you are having these pains and you should not have to suffer with them. If they continue you should seek some relief.
          COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I've been trying to stretch regularly throughout the day which does seem to help a bit and I have an appointment with my doctor this week.

Thanks again!

Silverlinings

Comment

I can sympathize with you about the legs cramps and pain.

I have cramps in my calves from time to time but nothing that interrups my day. They will leave my calves sore sometime.

What I hate the most are the very sharp shooting pains. This pain come suddenly and with no warning. There have been times when the pain has stopped me dead in my tracks. They are EXTREMELY painful and no meds seem to help. I currently take neurontin, baclofen and lortab. Even the combination of the 3 do not stop the pains. I have had them before but they are much worse this time around.
              Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
              Babe Ruth

Comment

My nuero just took me off baclofen and put me on Tizanidine, 2mg 2 x daily, have been on it for a week and haven't had one cramp or felt dizzy as I did on Baclofen. I started it 1mg at night for 4 days and now on the 2x daily, it is also helping alot more with spastisity .
                Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
                X