Smells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smells

Does anyone have high sensitivity to smell? I can smell everything and it's making me sick and driving me crazy.

loss

I have lost my sense of smell ... we had a skunk under our barn for a few weeks last summer ... drove my husband crazy, and I couldn't smell it after the first day.

I took a scratch and sniff smell assessment a year ago and failed it ... an indicator of Parkinson's, not MS.
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

Not sure if this is related to my MS or just coincidental but yes, there are a lot of smells that give me a blinding headache and make me feel sick. They are all man-made smells like perfumes, cremes, etc.

Unfortunately for my waistline, there are no food smells that turn me off.
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I can totally relate to the increased smell sensitivity both good and bad. Food smells are the worst but smells I like have become intolerable. I have always indulged in nice soap and lotion and even my favorites make me feel sick.

My sense of taste has also been effected. Some foods taste wrong, especially proteins. People around me have noticed that what I eat has changed. It is all very odd.
        M.
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Definitely! All smells good and bad can be overwhelming. I asked my neurologist about it and he says that is quite common in ms but he doesn't know anything that can be done for it.
          I dread Thanksgiving as the turkey roasting and the pies etc in my house just almost do me in. Thats sad as it used to be so nice to smell the pumpkin pies and stuff baking.

Comment

Working...
          X