EMG/nerve conduction???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMG/nerve conduction???

Hi - I have to have another nerve conduction test and an EMG. I'm pretty nervous about the nerve conduction test.

The last visit I had with my neuro he used a tuning fork to find the response in my legs because of pain and numbness/tingling. It hurt and started some pain and a "buzzing" pain in part of my calf. He thinks it's nerve damage which is plausible because of a calf tear I had and the bad judgement of an ortho to put me in an uncessary boot. The boot pressed on the nerve on the outside of my knee causing UNBELIEVABLE pain. Physical therapy fixed that at the time. The current 'buzzing' pain is diminishing and leaving a dull ache.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this or had the nerve conduction test result in increased and permanent pain?

Thank you!
    This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

I've had 2 EMGs. The first one was done by a neuro that used rather large needles. It seemed to kick up the spasticity in leg calf for months. The second time a different neruo did the EMG and used much smaller needles. He felt they were just as good as the larger ones. I hardly felt them and had no problems afterward.

Comment

me too

I had pain and buzzing tingling ect after a nerve conduction test too.I had wondered was I crazy. I even called the doc and said I could feel every place they had shocked me and despite the bacolfen my spasticity was awful!they did not pay much attention to it so I thought was a coincidence.I went for a nerve conduction to test for carpal tunnel and mentioned my leg so he checked it too.I had severe ct but NO nerve damage to my leg.Dr said must be coming from the lesions in my brain instead????Then refused to proceed with a LP go figure.

Hope it gets better for you but I appreciate your post...means I was not imagining the fact that it made my leg act up worse.

Comment

browneyedlana -
        did the pain go away? I'm ok doing this if I know there is a good chance the pain doesn't last. I know it's hard to predict because everyone is different but it's good to have the info.

I'm finding that with all the problems that come along someone else has had them too. "We are not alone"
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Working...
        X