So much pain I could cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much pain I could cry

I have been in so much pain lately. My legs are absolutely killing me to the point I can hardly walk....this is not good. I am usually a very up beat and a very active 32 year old mother of 2 young boys! I can hardly get out of bed some days and when I do I am in tears most of the time now. I am waiting on a referral to go to the pain clinic because NOTHING is working.

I hate to complain because that never did me any good. But I am just wondering if anyone has had so much pain in their legs and what did you do for it that worked. I am a little bummed because I finally got off of all meds except Tysabri and a Migraine pill and now I will have to go on something for my legs

-Heidi
    Thanks for listening

We're all different, so I don't know if this applies, but I've been dealing with pretty hefty pain for the past 2 1/2 months, and Baclofen has saved my life. It's controlled severe muscle spasms but also comes close to erasing the more generalized muscle pain I have from hips to ankles. I would definitely explore it w/your doctor. I was afraid it would put me in a daze, but it's relatively slight, and the benefit has far outweighed the slight sense of unreality (I can still do everything I have to do). Pain makes things even more unreal, as you sadly know.
    Hope you find a solution soon!

Comment

First of all, I am sooo sorry for ALL you are struggling with and pain can make one go crazy.

Have you had an MRI of your back or EMG of your legs? Sometimes it's not MS but other issues like pinched nerves.

Are you diagnosed with MS already? Cuz for me, they kept thinking it was MS when turns out its my spinal stenosis where only an epidural gave me relief.

Good luck hon and let us know how you're doing ok?

Gentle Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Hope you are better today. I was crying 2 days ago. Finally took pain pills and kept taking them for 2 days. My pain is in my back. It felt like a vice around my back and hips and it moved into my legs. Had back x rays and only a degenerative disc, but not bad at all, and this was not in spine.

I find nothing except vicoden helps me. Teh baclofen stopped the spasms and the pain I had with that but that is nothing compared to what I was feeling this week.

UIf mine keeps up, I am going to see about pain management. If you find anything that helps, please let me know.

I am sure mine is from MS cause I never hd any aches or pains until this, well a few years before dx, but not until MS.

I hate it.

JudySz

Comment

Heidi, is your leg pain nerve pain or spasticity related?

I have awful leg pain that sometimes becomes so much that I close the door to my office at work and just cry. I do not have a diagnosis for my troubles, but my neurologist believes my leg pain is caused by something wrong in my spine, that it's some sort of nerve pain. I've tried gabapentin without help, and I'm about to give in and try tramadol (which I've been avoiding because I'm generally suspicious of medications).

I remember from some previous threads here that some people have had success using tramadol to treat pain that originates in the central nervous system. Have you tried tramadol (aka Ultram) yet?

Also, I have found that my pain is relieved slightly by elevating my legs. No idea why. But I have a stool under my desk at work now, and I keep my legs up, which makes the pain a bit more tolerable.

Sorry you're dealing with this. I can definitely relate on how much it sucks. Just when I feel like I can totally deal with any other nervous system problems, pain rears its ugly head, and it's all I can do not to scream and cry and throw a hissy fit. Pain is hard!

Comment

I have had the leg pain, many years ago. It felt like my "bones" hurt.
            After about a week of this and it getting worse and worse and my husband awakened by me crying and him trying to rub my "bones" in my legs. I went to the Dr.
            I got an epidural in my back and it helped. That kind of severe pain hasn't come back since.
            DX 10/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by valeriem2220 View Post
              I have had the leg pain, many years ago. It felt like my "bones" hurt.
              Exactly! I've never heard it described that way, Valerie, but that is a perfect description. It's a deep, deep pain. Like my bones hurt. Thank you-- I think that description will be helpful for my next appointment. I'd been having a hard time describing where I was feeling the pain. I kept saying, "It's in my legs, just in there."

Comment

That's exactly how it felt...I couldn't rub my legs "deep" enough to get to the pain...and when my husband was rubbing my legs I just kept telling him through my tears...rub harder..get to the bone...
                Hopefully you get something to help this...it is excruciating...
                DX 10/26/11

Comment

I get horrible pain in my feet and legs. I agree, it sometimes feels like its in the bone. The other night all I could do was lay on the couch in tears. Sometimes when I get up at night to go to the wash room I can barely walk. I will lay there until I have to get up. Its awful! I do try to get a break from the pain through meditation/visualization exercises. They aren't the answer but sometimes it does help take my mind off of it for short periods. Bad thing is, it takes a lot of practice to get your mind trained to do that.
                  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Thanks for replying and sorry I didn't get back sooner, my little brother got married and as much as it hurt like H3ll I got out there and danced my butt off

OK the pain feels like someone is twisting my leg bones inside. Hurts sooo bad I was put on gabapentin with NO relief Bummer!

So I am going to call today and make a apt with the Pain CLinic. Not sure what to expect with them.

Comment

Have someone do an MRI of your lumbar spine and possibly see a orthopedic doc. I did. Everyone thought it was just MS causing this pain in my legs..and I had 2 epidurals by orthopedic due to spinal stenosis. It helped. It stopped the pain.

Consider epidural hon.

Hugs, Jan
                      I believe in miracles~!
                      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
                      X