blood in urine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blood in urine

Does anyone out there have blood in their urine but there is no reason why? G.P. doc says maybe MS related I see neuro on Friday

I am assuming they already tested you for a UTI and/or kidney infection, right? I have had blood in urine before because of a bladder infection.
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

I am assuming you have seen a urologist...?

I have had blood in my urine several times with no other symptoms and it has turned out to kidney stones.
      M.
      A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Please be checked by a urologist as soon as possible. Your neuro is not the correct person to diagnose any bladder problems and I wouldn't wait until Friday.

Blood in the urine could be from an infection, kidney stones or something like Interstitial Cystitis (IC). I don't believe blood in the urine would be an MS symptom.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

You need a new GP. If your GP is so intimidated by MS to where he didn't send you to a urologist, then something is very wrong. I have never heard of MS making you bleed, except for falling down and hitting your head.

Don't overestimate your GP's confidence. They can be really scared to say something that contradicts your Neuro. A good GP is almost better than an good Neuro.

Comment

I have a referal to a uroligist and for a ct scan. she ordered those she just made comment that she didnt know if anything to do with m.s. my appt friday with neuro is just m.s. follow up she also ran alot of blood work.. thanks all

Comment

I hope you get a uro appt. very soon. Glad your GP gave you the referral.

Comment

bladder issue

I.C. is definately a possibility when you have bllod in your urine w/o infection, nuerogenic bladder is another, similar condition that could cause this... I see alot of MS sufferers (and limbolanders) have one or both conditions..

however a urologist is a must, if it is possibly a kidney problem, you'll want to know right away, as well as a host of other things...

I have blood show up alot, its disturbing to say the least, i rarely go to the dr anymore because it is ether IC or my kidneys getting inflamed...not much they can do for those (that works or i can afford anyway..!)

hope you get your answer!
                your horse must be fast cuz' you were haulin' ***** when I passed you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X