Twitchy muscles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitchy muscles?

Does anyone have problem with "jumpy" or "twitchy" muscles? For instance, sometimes I'll be sitting or laying, and a muscle in my arm or hand or leg will literally jump and my that body part will jerk. It does not hurt or freak me out but I am trying to figure out what sx I am experiencing might be MS related.
    Just curious, maybe it's just twitchy muscle syndrome lol.

-see-
    Dx 10/11'
    No DMDs (yet)
    ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
    Dx the first time: 10/25/11
    Avonex 1/12-10/12
    Revaluation of Dx 10/12
    Rediagnosis 7/14

I get those too, like involuntary muscle movements. I did some research when I first started getting them, to see if they were MS related. Looks like there is no direct link, but a lot of people with MS do have them. They are usually on my right side, which is my "MS side" as well, so I was surprised to learn that they are not related.
    Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

Just this morning I had a lot of weird twitches on one side of my stomach that felt exactly like a baby kicking me.

Comment

Yep, I have the twitchy muscle thing too. Lately it's been getting worse, like when I'm trying to fall asleep my arms will jerk violently all the sudden and wake me up, very interesting. I'm pretty sure it's an MS thing, when I talked to my neuro about them she didn't seem too worried about it and made it seem as though twitching was a normal symptom among her MS patients.
        I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

I get those too but they have not gotten worse since my dx. I take baclofen for other spasicity and it helps that problem when I sleep.
          This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Hi there, I get this too and was started on Carbamazepine which stopped it. I took this for about 3 months then weaned myself off and although I still get it , it isnt nearly so bad.

I think it is definitely a MS thing as I did not get it before my diagnosis. It will probably settle on its own but for me I decided to try the medicine as it started to affect my work on the computer as the hand than held the mouse always shot off to the right making me lose where I was. Hope it settles down for you.

Comment

I get this too

I get muscle twitches too (all the time) They do freak me out a little but I'm getting used to it .

Comment

YES. I got this in July on a trip to Colorado. It woke me in the middle of the night and continued for the next 12 hours. It was ****. I hate it.

Next toTrimengal Neuralgia it is my least fave of all the symptoms. I can deal with cog fog, and stumbling, and walking like Fred Sanford, and telling my kids to get in the washing machine at bathtime instead of the tub... and tingling, and swallowing issues... but not that.

Luckily it's only happened twice, and I hope it never visits again. I have enough "friends". ( I call my symptoms friends.. cause they definitely can wear out their welcome.)

LBJ

Comment

Working...
                X