My body teased me...not fair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My body teased me...not fair!

I have had numbness, tingling, crawlies, burning, buzzing skin for over a year now. Altho I am on a pretty high dose of gabapentin,I still have this stuff all the time. Last nite, I was lying on the couch after a very busy day and for just a split second, my body was completely quiet! I thought I had imagined it but then it happened again! It happened three times &scared me at first, thinking...is my heart stopping? But no...it was my body being completely still &quiet for the first time in almost a year and a half. I woke up very depressed today, I think it was because my body teased me for 3 split seconds & now I am very aware of how much my sx are with me &bother me.
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" Reinhold Niebuhr

Sound like me! Almost 2 years of MS hug pain, and I got to a fairly high dose of Lyrica and the pain was gone. I had a whole morning of no pain. And then it came back.

My body is like the Borg. Any attack I put up against it works for a few hours, and then my body adapts and continues its assault. Unfortunately, unlike with the Borg, I can't just surrender ... unless you consider rolled up in a ball on the couch crying to be a surrender.
    Proud Mom of three kids!
    dx'd 1996

Comment

Originally posted by stalo View Post
      Last nite, I was lying on the couch after a very busy day and for just a split second, my body was completely quiet! (
      This happened to me a couple of years ago also!

I thought it was a dream. I was sleeping on the couch tending the wood stove on a cold night and I woke up at about 2:00 am and felt normal.
      The pain and pressure stopped. The buzzing stopped. My feet moved when I wanted them to...It was amazing!!!

I was sure it was just a dream but it seemed soo real.
      It was only for a few hours but I stayed up and enjoyed it.

Back to buzzing and numbness and slow body and never ending pressure ever since.

It was just a very short reprieve in the middle of a 12 year "suckathon."

Your post makes me think it was real.

Comment

Working...
      X