Easier Walking Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Well, considering I can't wear high heels, any shoe with an unusual sole would probably be difficult for me. I go barefoot or socks as much as possible. I'm going to need those socks with the gripper things on the bottom, so I don't slip so much. My 88-year-old grandmother wore those.
    LOL - I took a pair of those socks from the hospital while I was there during the day for my last relapse. I thought they would be handy on my hardwood floors. The nurses looked at me funny, but I was like "try walking like you are on the Gravitron (that spinning ride at the fair) all day and see how you like it".

The Reebok Realflex's create a very even surface for your feet. They have been a saving grace for me.
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Originally posted by dlb61 View Post
      I bought a pair of the shape up shoes. Not brand name, not because I believed anything about them. They were cheap, cute, comfortable.

My brain doesn't know where my feet are, causing me to be kind of off balance. The shoes seem to re-balance me. Very odd, but walking feels safer and easier in them. Standing still, not so good. The unbalancing properties of the shoes becomes quite apparent if I'm not moving.

Shapeups are supposed to put you off balance a little so that you're using a host of muscles you wouldn't normally need.

If they advertised them as "Makes Walking more difficult so you can burn a few extra calories", no one would buy them, but that's the theory.

They're definately not for people with MS.

Comment

I only where tennis shoes now, everyday! Can I ask where you get your sketchers, and what style? My tennis shoes are only lasting about 6months, and I would love to find a pair that last 2 years!!
        DX: RRMS Jan 2010 -- LDN: Mar 2010-Dec 2010, Tysabri: Feb 2011 reaction, Gilenya: Aug 2011 reaction, Copaxone: Oct 2011 reaction, Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction

Comment

Working...
        X