Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertigo

I have a lot of problems with vertigo.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with using an audiologist to 'rehab'? What did you do? Did it help?
    ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

vertigo

I have peripheral vertigo and frequently lose my balance.
    My neuropthamolgist (sp?) told me to go for balance rehab
    which is done by a physical therapist who has some special
    training.

Comment

Vertigo

Yes I have a lot of problems with vertigo. It's what got me diagnosed in the first place. It's off and on for me but lately I've had a spin attack about every three days. I do take meclizine, and am already on xanax for anxiety. Meclizine seems to help but leaves me very foggy and tired.
      I was told that mine was central vertigo because of MS but I'm not so sure because it usually occurs when I roll over on my left side. I'm going to call my Neuro on Monday and see if I can go in for vestibular rehabilitation again. It's not fun because it makes you dizzy, but I want them to help me analyze what's going on. Keep us posted! You are not alone!

Comment

the vestibular physio is worth it, yes it does stir things up as it challenges things but that is part of how it helps- also don't stop doing the excercises if you think its fixed keep doing them occasionally- i learnt that the hard way and had to go back to the beginning again

Comment

PLEASE FIND a PT specialized in MS and do specific work that repatterns your gaze---you might not even know you have eye issues, but this stuff works for vertigo and then maybe even no need for meds. It's slow but steady and the real McCoy. Vertigo is horrible. Wish you the best!

Comment

Me TOO

Originally posted by piper View Post
            I have a lot of problems with vertigo.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with using an audiologist to 'rehab'? What did you do? Did it help?
            piper;1329672 I have severe vertigo also. I have lost my ability to balance myself, and am currently in a wheelchair and also rehab 6 days a week. The only thing that is helping me is having pt therapist help me stand up for a little while. It seems to adjust somewhat but does not last very long. Hang in there and try to get as much info as you can to try and get someone who knows about this and can maybe help. I know not being able to walk and do what we want is most frustrateing. Keep running the race.

Comment

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with the vertigo recently but I would get really nauseous from it. I found that taking ginger pills or chewing ginger gum really helped. I have not noticed any side effects from it.
              see my MSWorld homepage to follow my blog

Comment

Working...
              X