Spreading Some General Cheerful News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreading Some General Cheerful News

So tomorrow I go to "interview" a new neurologist. From what I've heard he is supposed to be a good one and his receptionist and .. nurse? ... say that he has many patients he treats who have varying forms of MS. I'm excited but I'm going in to this one and going to let my full personality shine through and see if he can handle my no-nonsense give it to me straight and respect my decisions kind of attitude. I'm hopeful and in a relatively good mood about this.

On another completely unrelated note I would like to share something that having MS has helped me to do. I'm seizing the day and all those such things. Today I had the opportunity in my college French class to try escargot and caviar. I've always said I wouldn't try either of them because they are just weird. After being diagnosed with MS I've changed my mind and been enjoying taking hold of new opportunities when I can. Life is too short after all.

My review on escargot and caviar for the first time?
    Caviar: Salty, I can't stand the taste or texture.
    Escargot: Absolutely disgusting. NEVER again.

Why I'm so happy about this disgusting experience? Because I did it. I just went ahead and tried something I wasn't sure I could ever do, and I did it. I succeeded. It may have been disgusting but it is another experience I didn't have before. I hope everyone seizes at least one opportunity this week, even if it turns out bad, and is proud of the fact that they are living their lives how they want to.

Amber
    Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
    Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Originally posted by a.nukem View Post
    A chacun son goût

But now you know! I like your new attitude. Good luck with the new doc!
    At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

I lke your attitude. I usually feel the same way and I try to do things i nver have done. Drinking more good beer and like you eating different things. Even if I know I like it, I am finally buying it to enjoy at home.

The enxt thing i am going to try to do is see the National tree lighting and go up in Washington monument at night.

judySz

Comment

Amber - you made me smile!!! I'm glad you are so eager to experience what comes your way, it will do wonders for you!!! I, too, will never eat snails again! But I do like caviar, certain kinds.

Good luck with your doc and from experience, you are doing the right thing. I'm always no-nonsense with my docs and have had luck with that, they seem to really explain things in more detail.

Keep smiling and having fun!!!!

JudySz - I want to go to the Monument so badly-it's my number 1 goal!!! I hope you get there and have a wonderful time!!!
        This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Thanks guys. ^_^ The new doc and I are going to get along great. He understands what I expect of him and he can deal with my twisted sense of humor/slight sarcasm. He is point blank honest, which is what I wanted. And I asked him about frequency of MRIs and such that he usually asks of his patients and he said it doesn't matter because each patient is different.

He also said the one thing I was praying to hear so I could end my search for a new Neuro: "I don't treat someone based on what the MRI tells me. I expect for this to work that I've got to trust what my patient says is going on with their body and then help them with that. An MRI is just a tool to help, but it won't tell me what is going on with your body, only you can do that."

Unfortunately we got into the DMD discussion. We talked it out and I'm going to call in by Friday. I don't want to go back on one but I feel for this to work I should try again. If the same thing happens and I just can't stand it, then I'm done with the DMDs. The doctor was straight forward on his feelings about them and he is willing to go through any of them I'd like to, and we both agree we don't want to try the new pill form for at least a few years. I'm so happy! A doctor who understands what I want and listens! I had 45 minutes talking to him, he had already gone over all of my records prior to my appointment, and it wasn't rushed at all. Dr. Reddy is awesome. ^_^

SQUEEE!

Comment

That is so wonderful!!!!! It is great finding a doctor that will listen and talk about your needs even though they really aren't his/hers.

What DMDs have you tried?

Have a great day~
            This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by a.nukem View Post
              Hi Amber,

I couldn't help but grin when I read this.

When I was 19 years old my boyfriend (now husband) and I went to the Reno, Nevada Air Races for the weekend. We also spent some time with a couple my husband knew from work who lived in Reno.

The wife is french and our meal included, as a starter, Escargot in the shell. I was very hesitant and there was much joking on the subject. I finally tried the Escargot . I found it somewhat chewy but the flavor was quite good. I did like it.

Maybe whomever made escargot for your french class didn't prepare it as well as our hostess.

I think it's wonderful you are willing to try new things. Don't let MS stop you from living and experiencing new things.
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Great positive attitude

Keep that super spirit up. You are going great
                Momma to 3 little ones

Comment

Zumba Toning?

I think I will do something new, too. Go to Times Square on New Year's Eve! O.K., I'm lying. I would have never done that before I had M.S., either, even when I was a much younger person.

HOWEVER, I did decide to try a class at the YMCA tomorrow night: Zumba Toning. I watched last week while my daughter was in swimming practice and thought, oh heck, maybe I'll at least give that class a try. It looks a lot slower than regular Zumba, which is good. I just wish I could but a sign on my back "Operator Has Multiple Sclerosis" like a Student Driver sign, so I have an excuse for doing badly. In any case, I can't think of a single new thing I've tried since my M.S. diagnosis and it's been 7 years.

Thanks for the inspiration.
                  Tawanda

Comment

Thanks for letting me know that I made someone else smile. That really helps on days like today. The new neuro managed to do more in 8 days than my previous neuro did in a year. He got me in within 24 hours to get my MRI. It seems I've got some activity going on right now and definitely more lesions than there were previously. I decided to go back on the Avonex (unhappy, but I will try again), and my first injection was this last friday. It went MUCH better than the first time I did the injections back in April 2010. We will see where it goes from here, but the outlook is positive. He actually called me the day he got the results and said he was seeing more damage since my last mri and current activity so I was happy to have him work fast. I hope everyone else can find/have great neuros like mine seems to be. ^_^

Comment

wow he does sound awesome..... I love my neuro yours might actually be better lol.

As far as the escargo and stuff pretty funny i laughed when i read it also.

it's all in the attitude I always say........ good for you and glad the shot went better.

keep on eating grose and new stuff!! lol
                      Jen Dx'd 5/11
                      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
                      X