Shaky after shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaky after shower

Whenever I take a shower that is too hot, besides blurry vision in my right eye, I also get very shaky all over, but mostly in my right arm. My tremors seem to get worse, and I just feel really jittery, like everything is jumpy, including my insides (it's difficult to explain.) I hate that feeling! Right now my right arm feels really weird!

Anyone else have this happen when overheated?
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Shower stool

I miss hot showers. I take warm showers, and have the same blurred vision and shaky limbs that you spoke of. My husband and I bought a shower stool online at Amazon - about $30. I don't know why we didn't do it earlier. I feel so much safer now.

Sometimes I would have to sit on the edge of the tub mid-shower until my legs would take me out of the shower. Scary. I feel for you. The stool is worth it. It came in three days.
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

Shower.........

Miss hot shower.........when I think I loved warmth, hot showers, hot summer days, heating pads and now live w/ luke warm stuff........... just get very weak if shower too hot.

Comment

I used to get very weak when taking hot/very warm showers. This has gotten alot better since starting on Ampyra in July of last year. I still don't overdue it, but a nice comfortable warm shower sure beats the cool ones I used to have to take. One thing - with the ones that made me weak- all I had to due was lay down for about an hour and I felt better. But still wasn't worth it!!

Comment

Sadly yes....

Yes, I have to take cooler showers now. If I take one too hot I get very sluggish and it takes me two to three times longer to get ready and out the door.

Not good when headed to work.

I also have to be careful about the heat coming on while I am showering. It heats the little bathroom quickly and can do the same thing.

I experienced this during the summer this year if I got to hot.

Comment

Oh yes, no hot showers for me anymore. I was getting ready to go out with friends one night and ended up having to stay home and in bed because of the hot shower I decided to take while getting ready. I love sitting down and just enjoying the warmth but just can't do it any longer.
            I had an odd experience last week while in my tanning bed, I purchased it to ward of my minor psoriosis a few years ago, I started to get very warm after about 15 minutes laying in it then I suddenly got cool and was confused. I wasn't actually cool, I realized my body was numb...I did lay in the bed for another 5 minutes though simply because I finally had relief from the burning in my skin...
            DX 10/26/11

Comment

I discovered years ago that tubs with the water jets, while relaxing, made me very dizzy. I came to understand that the pressure on the skin was elevating my blood pressure; I felt woozy and rubber-legged when I tried to get up. I think a "stinging" hard shower can have the same sort of effect, and perhaps the hot water intensifies the effect. After my quadruple bypass surgery I couldn't tolerate a hot shower...I felt as though I was going to pass out right there, and I also found comfort by using a shower seat. In any case, this could be a BP issue.

rex

Comment

This happens to me too. Consequently, I've completely changed my showering habits.

We renovated our bathroom several years ago, so our shower is walk in and there's a build in bench at the back, so I sit down. But I used to use just a simple shower bench by rubbermaid (I think we picked it up at a garage sale for a couple bucks, brought it home and cloroxed it and I used it for years.) I use a handheld shower head so only one part of me gets the "heat" from the water at any given time (and I don't really use hot water.)

If I have to stand up in the shower, or getting in and out, we have lots of grab bars around the entire perimeter of the shower, and I use them.

After getting out of the shower I dry off and then sit down on the closed toilet. We have a mirror positioned so I can dry my hair, etc. while being seated.

And, I ALWAYS take a shower at least an hour or two before we're going somewhere so the effects of the shakiness wear off and I've had time to recover from the fatigue of the shower. If I have to be out of the house first thing in the morning, I shower the night before.

These steps don't always completely eliminate the problem, but it helps.

Comment

I used to love hot showers and hot hot baths. I would soak in it until my skin was red. I think that is something I miss most of all.
                  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Your not alone. I have the problems with hot baths. I miss my long bubble baths.

Just be careful when getting out of the hot shower/bath. I have fallen getting out of the shower when feeling week.

Lots of (((hugs)))

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
                      This happens to me too. Consequently, I've completely changed my showering habits.

We renovated our bathroom several years ago, so our shower is walk in and there's a build in bench at the back, so I sit down. But I used to use just a simple shower bench by rubbermaid (I think we picked it up at a garage sale for a couple bucks, brought it home and cloroxed it and I used it for years.) I use a handheld shower head so only one part of me gets the "heat" from the water at any given time (and I don't really use hot water.)
                      If I have to stand up in the shower, or getting in and out, we have lots of grab bars around the entire perimeter of the shower, and I use them.

After getting out of the shower I dry off and then sit down on the closed toilet. We have a mirror positioned so I can dry my hair, etc. while being seated.

And, I ALWAYS take a shower at least an hour or two before we're going somewhere so the effects of the shakiness wear off and I've had time to recover from the fatigue of the shower. If I have to be out of the house first thing in the morning, I shower the night before.

These steps don't always completely eliminate the problem, but it helps.

rdmc~ Minus the bathroom reno, I wish! I could have expressed those same thoughts!! I have always been a daily shower kinda girl, usually quick but 2~3x wkly the longer, more relaxing ones. You know, maybe I colored my hair (I was a stylist) so I'd deep condition, then the shaving, foot scrubbing w/the pumice stone ect, ect.

I went to every other day a few years ago. I cut my hair short so that I could have a cute 'style' with minimal effort. I even cut back on makeup, told my friends that since I turned 43 & was becoming a grand ma, I wanted a more youthful, fresh look. It worked! Now, honestly, I shower when I either have some place special to go or I get sick of myself! Sounds awful,makes me cry alot but I am home alone most of the day & am afraid I may fall & there'd be no one around. I have the chair & the grab bars but one wrong move & I could be seriously hurt & aalone for hours! By the time my DH gets home from work, I to tired.

I NEVER thought I'd live like this! I never left the house w/o makeup & looking sharp! I miss having the energy to get dressed up to go out with my DH or friends! I miss me!
                      "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luv2Worship View Post
                        rdmc~
                        I went to every other day a few years ago. I cut my hair short so that I could have a cute 'style' with minimal effort. I even cut back on makeup, told my friends that since I turned 43 & was becoming a grand ma, I wanted a more youthful, fresh look. It worked! Now, honestly, I shower when I either have some place special to go or I get sick of myself! Sounds awful,makes me cry alot but I am home alone most of the day & am afraid I may fall & there'd be no one around. I have the chair & the grab bars but one wrong move & I could be seriously hurt & aalone for hours! By the time my DH gets home from work, I to tired.

I NEVER thought I'd live like this! I never left the house w/o makeup & looking sharp! I miss having the energy to get dressed up to go out with my DH or friends! I miss me!
                        You officially qualify to join the SAS Club...Shower Avoidance Syndrome Club! I'm a member too. If I'm feeling pretty stable I'll take a shower when my husband isn't home, many times, I try to do it when he's home.

It's hard to explain someone how you're too tired to take a shower, but it sure is real. Sometimes my best strategy is to just get up first thing (while my husband is still home) and get in the shower and get it over with.

When I know I need to shower, and then accomplish it, and am dressed, I feel like I've run a marathon...and won. Who knew that one day we'd pat ourselves on the back just for accomplishing the task of taking a shower?

Comment

Isn't that the truth!! Seriously, did you ever think the day would come that such basic things would require such tactical planning? I had a bee land on me a little bit ago & I didn't even jump or try to kill it 'cause it required too much energy & I knew I need it to go to the bathroom!
                          "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

yes...hot showers make me a bit wobbly or lightheaded....i haven't taken a hot shower in a long, long time...or even a shower for that matter...just baths...usually a bit warm, and end the whole thing with just cold water....the cold water is very refreshing and feels so good..especially on my feet ! ...rinse my feet with cold water a few times most days

Comment

so true

Really miss being able to JUMP in the shower every day......now I have to plan......what do I want to use my energy for......exercises..........PT.......cooking dinner...........shower???????

Comment

Working...
                              X