Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of myself today :)

Hi friends!

I wanted to share this because I am proud of myself and thought this group would understand the best & also to give some of the newbies a little lighthearted MS talk.

I am recently dxd with RRMS this summer. I had a whammy of a first attack in June/July (first attack that I was aware of) that left me totally paralyzed on the right side of my body for 2 weeks. No walking, no moving of my arm, no writing, etc. (on the plus side, I now can text, do my makeup, and eat with my left hand like a champ!). After a ton of physical therapy and enough steroids to put Arnold Schwarzenegger back into Terminator status, I healed up and regained all mobility (almost back to normal...well as normal as i ever was ).

I have been trying to push myself since I was able to walk again with physical therapy and exercise. I am feeling better every single day (even with the occasional numbness, fatigue, etc).

This weekend I decided to challenge myself physically. I did a 4+ mile hike with my BF. I completed it no problem and feel great! I was less sore than my BF the next day even (I did get walking sticks to help with my balance...I highly recommend those)

MS totally kicked my butt this summer, but today I feel like I am in charge. So for today at least, I am happy, proud and feel in charge.

Just wanted to share with the people who truly understand what an accomplishment this is for me

--Keepin On
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Congrats Keepin_on! I understand how amazing you have to be feeling right now. It's always wonderful when you accomplish something like this. Good luck and keep it up as long as you can.

Comment

Congratulations!

Keep your head up...don't let this disease get keep you down! 2 years ago I was blind in one eye while working full time, going to college, doing an internship and raising 2kids. I didn't let it keep me down and was so proud of myself when I got my degree and new career. I know how proud of yourself you are. Keep reminding yourself of what you went through this summer and next time that will get you through.

Comment

Good job! Congratulations! Thank you for posting this. We all need a bit of light, and I think it's good to tell others the good things going on in your life. ^_^
        Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
        Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

Thank you for sharing! I'm very happy for you.

Comment

WOW- That's awesome!! What a comeback you made. I love hearing stories like this! Hope the good times are here to stay!

Comment

A standing "O" for this lady. What a great job and attitude!
              Nice to hear the positive out of the negative.

I know that some will feel that walking and writing have been the major accomplishments but come on! make up - Don't know what I would do if that became an issue for me. During the summer when I was having some vision issues I was always afraid I was looking like a character from "Baby Jane" or Sunset Bldv. (Hey, I know you youngins don't know those two ladies - google them.)

Back to you - keep up the GREAT work.
              Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

That's awesome and thank you for sharing! You are really a strong person, this news is a great motivator!!!!!
                This music is the glue of the world Mark. It's what holds it all together. Without this, life would be meaningless

Comment

Congrats. It's great to see the positive!
                  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the very kind words I appreciate it so much!
                    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Working...
                    X