MS or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS or not

I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and recently have had a lot of symptoms pointing towards ms, they did find one lesion and flare of white matter in brain and then my symptons. Numbnes in arms arms and legs. About 6 months ago it was the right side, now it seems like the left side is flaring up with numbness form the middle finger up into the shoulder. Plus my legs are so heavy I have to drag them along and can not walk or stand for any distance at all. They aren't sure that it is ms but they feel that the arthritis meds(Remicade caused it) what doe my symptoms sound like to you vetrens.

Noreenjko

Noreen, Ankylosing Spondylitis alone sounds like a lot to deal with. MS in addition to your existing condition sounds like a very concerning and complicated diagnosis for you and your medical team? to figure out.

I have numbness and pain in arms and feet, common in MS and many other diseases. It would be a huge leap for me, someone with medical training via google, to even suggest your sx's might be MS.

I hope your sx's improve and you experience more good days than bad, and speedy answer to your current concerns regarding MS.

Comment

MS is a tricky disease as there are so many mimics. Most Neurologist won't diagnose it based on a couple of lesions on an MRI because those lesions can be caused by other illnesses as well as can the symptoms.

It can be very disheartening to learn that the journey towards a final answer to your symptoms is usually long and arduous. I can tell you this; stay persistent; knowledge is power and communication with your doctors crucial. Log your symptoms and your tests. Through it all; cry when you have to, yell when you must...but at the end of the day, try to find a smile; because in the end, you must not let the illness whatever it may be own you.
      Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and that way you have all your bases covered.

Comment

Working...
      X