Irritated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irritated

How many of you have had this problem with staff at your various Drs? I had my regular gyno appt. in August. Dr. wanted me to have a mammogram and told his secretary to set it up. She told me she would call me when it got set up. I have called every week since 8/31/11 but have yet to get an appointment set up.

I talked to the dr. today and expressed how furious I was at being treated as though I were invisible. I can walk, talk, see, hear (some), and my mind is usually pretty good. I wonder how they would treat me if I couldn't do those things. I love my dr. and his nurse but his secretarial staff leaves room for improvement.
    All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Can you make it yourself? I just ask because I had breast cancer in 2003, and since then I make my own GYN appts and my mammo ones, too.

I'm a bit like Fox Mulder from the old TV show "The X Files". I "trust no one".
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

I've tried.

Because of my insurance I have to have a dr. order the mammo. I am about ready to say that I don't have insurance so that I can schedual my on appt.
      All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

Mammo

Is this a routine mammogram? I would tell your doctor that you've decided it isn't necessary. That will make him sit up and take note.

I've decided not to have mammo's any more. I would not treat cancer if I were to have it ... decided that years ago. When I had my last mammogram a few years ago, they found "something" and I had to return for a re-do. Then I had to schedule an ultrasound.

They found something in the ultrasound. Then I had to schedule a biopsy (aspiration, no cutting.) I had to wait two weeks for the technician who "saw something" to come back from vacation to do the biopsy ... no one else could do it, they told me.

I wound up in the hospital overnight after passing out one morning immediately after my injection ... just for observation. I told them I was nervous about the biopsy coming up. They let me go home to finish worrying.

I had to see a breast surgeon before the biopsy ... in case they found cancer ... I told him at that meeting that I did not want to receive cancer surgery or treatment that would drag things out as many of my friends had done that and died within a year anyway.

He asked me then, why did you have the mammogram? I told him I thought I had to, every year, as I was over 55. He said no one could tell me that I had to have anything ... it was my body, and my choice.

I had the biopsy later that week ... because I felt I had to finish this worrying ... the "something" that they saw was a cyst that disappeared once they inserted the needle and aspirated it.

I haven't had another one since. "my body ... my choice."

I loved him!

I'm not advocating that you choose as I have chosen ... just that you not let a secretary make your choices for you, or a doctor, for that matter. "your body, your choice."
        First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
        Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

When you spoke with dr what did he say . Can you call your insurance company and tell them how long you have been waiting. I am asuming its a preauthorization his office must get maybe it can be done in reverse. That is so unfair if it was me i would write the dr a note telling him i am finding another dr not because of him but nearly 2 months is uncalled for. Good luck
          laurie f

Comment

Working...
          X