Still seeking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still seeking....

I had another MRI in July and one the other day because in July a plaque showed up in the left parietal region and she wanted to give it three months. Anyone want to tell me what they think of this?

.i recently had an mri in june and now a follow up last week. can someone tell me what they feel about these findings.

Again seen are numerous T2-hyperintense foci in the cerebral white matter. There is also a prominent lesion, about 6-7 mm size, in the left basal ganglia area in or adjacent to the posterior limb of th einternal capsule. Of note, there are no periventricular lesions, and in the corpus callosum, only a single small lesion is noted along the far left lateral aspect of the anterior part of the corpus callosal body. Also, there are no visible lesions in the brainstem or cerebellum. Typical features of multiple sclerosis are lacking. Prominent perivascular spaces are noted in the left cerebral peduncle of the midbrain.

There is no pathologic enhancement in any area. There are no areas of restricted diffusion on DWI. The ventricles are normal. The major vascular flow voids are unremarkable. The orbits and paranasal sinuses are unremarkable.

Any ideas? I'm open to listen to anyone.

My doctor has now referred me to Brigham and Women's in Boston. Partners MS Center. Anyone ever go there? Thanks.
    Missy in NY
    In Limbo - In need of some answers

I am no doctor, but it sounds like your doctor may want you to get a second opinion. When they say "typical features of multiple sclerosis are lacking" it could mean the lesions they see are not in the "normal" areas where MS lesions are found in the brain. So they want someone else to take a look at you so they don't treat you for something you don't have.

This statement "there is no pathologic enhancement in any area. There are no areas of restricted diffusion on DWI. The ventricles are normal. The major vascular flow voids are unremarkable. The orbits and paranasal sinuses are unremarkable" sounds like there was nothing found that was abnormal.

But, again, I am not a doctor
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Working...
    X