Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember Lois Lane?

She used to post here.

She lives in California. I live in Kansas, about 30 miles from where her mom lives. We've gotten together 3 or 4 times when she come to visit.

We arranged to meet at Pizza Hut today. She brought her mom along (we've met multiple times before too). Had a great visit! We have so much in common.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Yes, Sparky; it IS fun to get together with board buddies. Not many of you here in Kansas though, I suspect.

And, yes. Lois lost her dad in a boating accident. It was in May of this year. I remember because, when she was in Kansas, neither one of us had time to visit that time because she was busy with family things, and I was busy with my daughter's wedding.

Seemed like such a tragic way to lose a loved one. There were search parties out looking for him for days before they found him. It was all over the local news.

Both Lois and her mom seem to be coping fairly well with the loss. He was an avid sportsman and boater, and they know that he died doing something that he loved.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Yes now that you mention her father I remember her too.

Remember when we used to exchange Christmas gifts paired up with folks nearby? (I am sure that was a lot of work for you).

And I live in Milwaukee..and would love to travel (a little) to see my fellow/a MS World friends.

Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Huh. I'd forgotten the x-mas exchanges. How about the postcards we used to send each other? And then the get-togethers...

I'll never forget the Gluhwein Rene sent me one x-mas that she brought back from Germany. Priceless.

Tom
        "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
        - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
        X