Feeling of needle prick in fingers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling of needle prick in fingers?

Ok, I'm so totally new to all of this; and still in limbo land as to what is actually wrong with me (if anything).

I've had issues with numbness and tingling in my fingers, arms, legs, feet and toes. I would also get the 'fell asleep' feelings.

Today, on my finger 'pads' only (so far), randomly when I touch things if feels like someone pricked my finger with a needle. Just one quick random poke on the left hand only so far.

So...is this 'normal'? Anyone else? Any thoughts? The first several times I looked to see if I was bleeding and checked what I had touched to see if anything sharp was there. ::sigh::
    ~ Lisa

In limbo-land waiting for a diagnosis...yay?!

Originally posted by mareintx View Post
    So...is this 'normal'?
    Abnormal sensations are normal for the person with MS.

If not diagnosed with MS then, no, it's not normal. Please speak to your doctor.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks Snoopy.

I am talking to my doctor and my neurologist....seems almost daily. They are trying to determine what is going on and right now things are looking like MS. The neurologist is waiting for test results on several things right now; and since there is no test for MS...well, you know the rest.

I just wondered if the feeling of being stuck by a needle was something that only I had or not. Guess not....
      ~ Lisa

In limbo-land waiting for a diagnosis...yay?!

Comment

Originally posted by mareintx View Post
        I just wondered if the feeling of being stuck by a needle was something that only I had or not. Guess not....
        i do not yet have a Dx, but those sensations are rather normal for me, i'm afraid. This week, i've felt like some phantom was jabbing my face, neck, and upper arms with needles at will...
        Dx October 10th, 2011 - Syringomyelia (Syrinx of the upper cervical spinal cord at the C1-C2 level, 2 x 10 mm), cause yet to be determined...
        October 28, 2011 - Gabapentin is my new best friend.

Comment

Working...
        X