What I haven't told my doctor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I haven't told my doctor...

I'm really new to this and until 6 wks ago, I didn't even know what MS was. Now that I've read everything I can get my hands on, I keep thinking of things I didn't tell the doctor, but I don't want to be seen as thinking everything is related to MS. I was dx with PPMS (9/16/11), then RRMS/SPMS? I don't even know if I have ever had a flare? I don't feel that any of the weakness, fatigue, imbalance, bladder, etc. have relapsed, just slowly getting worse.

I recently started noticing (last few months) my hands and feet (mostly feet), falling asleep very quickly if they are not moved around. Resltess legs at night sometimes, not every night.

About 3 yrs ago I woke up after a first time at a chiropractor and my legs just collapsed, only lasted about a day, never happened again. Flare or just a coincidence?

2 yrs ago I went to get coffee and felt lightheaded, then just passed out in the kitchen briefly, my best friend was there and said I was shaking all over when it happened. Again never happened before or since. A flare or just??

Right before dx, I had a stomach/intestinal flu and lost all bladder control for a day or two.

Any advice is welcome on this. Thanks.
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

Print your post and take it to your Dr. when you have your next appt.
    It happens to a lot of us, in my case I always remember stuff two hours after I left the Drs. office.
    You might consider keeping a symtom journal for the odd stuff (be sure to include a date and how long it lasted).
    You don't want it sound like a laundy list of stuff, just explain that you have a list of things that seem odd and you aren't sure if its important.

Comment

Hi jbell:
      None of the things you mentioned in the second half of your posts were MS flares, but they were neurological events that your should tell your doctor about.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwings View Post
        Hi jbell:
        None of the things you mentioned in the second half of your posts were MS flares, but they were neurological events that your should tell your doctor about.
        Thanks, because I really don't know what a MS flare is... So the numbness/tingling in the feet/hands not a flare, but a new symptom??
        Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
        Ampyra 10mg 2xday
        Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Working...
        X