Botox for incontinence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox for incontinence

Had botox injected in my bladder two days ago. I think I may be leak-free tomorrow, maybe even tonight. The cystoscopic procedure was easy--out patient in a hospital--under anesthesia for about an hour. I am very, very happy about the results. Depends may be a thing of the past--at least for several months. Hurray! And, maybe best of all, it was covered by my insurance.

Thanks so much for sharing! I just read about this and I think they said it was just approved...and may last up to 8-10 months! Please keep me/us posted on your results, I may pursue this. Thanks again.
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

thanks for the information, i too have read about it as an option for both incontinence and bladder spasm that some of get even with catheters in place but i have never heard from a recipient how effective it is. WHen i was told about it i was given a very vague idea of how long the effects last so it would be great if you could let us know how long it lasts for you- to me if you get 6 or so months effect from it that sounds great- in our system it is not covered by the government health system for this use yet, so there can be a substantial cost but that would be worth it if there were no painful spasms for several months

Comment

4 days since botox procedure

I have had about 30 hours without leakage. Had a tough morning yesterday. But all has been well since. I am a little scared to go out unprotected, but I think I may try in a couple of days. One of my "wonderings" before the procedure was how I would know if it was time to catheterize. I know. I am trying to be on somewhat of a schedule, but drinking a little more water can change the schedule.

Botox for incontinence was recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration for MS patients. My doctor got pre-authorization for the procedure. I have no idea how much it cost. I am 68 years old and covered by a Medicare Advantage Plan. I have no idea what my co-pay might be.

I was warned that the anesthesia might have a greater affect on me because of MS. I am usually a very active person. Until today, I was fatigued. Have had a busy day and am relishing it!

Comment

Please do let us kno ho it works for you. I ear a depends oth a poise pad all day and night. Feel like I should have stock in the things. What I'd do to be able to sleep naked again ithout worrying about it!

Comment

No longer having to depend on depends

I will be delighted if I can just wear a panty liner. And that is the way it is looking right now. I wish I knew how long this will last and how quickly I can have it done again when needed. I am nor sure if there are insurance parameters on how often it can be done.
            Right now, life is good.

Comment

Working...
            X