Does Spasticity Get Worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Spasticity Get Worse?

I'm quite new, 1st posted yesterday and just dx 4 wks ago with PPMS/RRMS? see my post under the PPMS thread....

I've been having "charlie horses" in my calf on affected leg since about 2008-2009, wake up stiff, leg is extended in the position of foot drop (which I have a mild case of). I notice it stiff sometimes during the day if I've been sitting for a while.

I didn't even know this was considered spasticity until I read it in an article recently.

My question is does this get worse?
    Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
    Ampyra 10mg 2xday
    Copaxone 1/20/12

Does Spasticity Get Worse

Hello,

I am also new to posting this is actually my first post

MS is different in every person, but as far as my individual experience...mine is worse than it's ever been. I have had MS over 10+ years, in the beginning it was only spasms in my bladder (as a matter of fact that is what lead Doctors to believe it was MS) (I know have a bladder stimulater to control the spasms in the bladder) However the stiffness in my legs is so bad now, I can't sit for very long without stiffening up so bad its hard to get up. As time goes by it seems to be getting worse and effecting more limbs. I have drop foot on the right foot ( I am getting Botox shots for that, seems to be helping) My hands get very stiff also and I have to constantly stretch them to ease some of the pain. I have taken all kinds of musle relaxers but not getting much relief so far... Sorry I don't mean to be discouraging...but I don't want to "candy coat" the possibilities either, as I said earlier it is different for every person, Hang in there...and keep moving..I'll keep you in my thoughts for a better tomorrow!!! Take care..
    Lisa

Comment

Thank you clicknpuff! I don't want the candy coated answers so thank you for being candid. I do know that it might be different for each person, I just wasn't sure if spasisms were a major symptom of MS or just a mild annoyance...sounds like it can be major.
      Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
      Ampyra 10mg 2xday
      Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Working...
      X