An odd thing that happened to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An odd thing that happened to me.

Alright forgive the typos and errors, but had a very odd thing happen to me when laying day lately.

Alright the other day went to take a nap and basically had something odd happen even before I got close to sleep. I lost my sight briefly and everything went black, my body wouldn't move at it and a vibration type sensation throughout couldn't feel anything else, also couldn't breath what so ever and felt like my heart stop or something had pressed on my chest, is this what is called a ms hujg or is something else hasn't happen sense but last like 30 seconds to 60 seconds was a bit scary and my body was stiff for a bit later.

Any advice or comments would be welcomed.

This is only a speculation from me. I'll tell you what I would do..

I would get checked out to see if I had a seizure. That's sort of what it sounds like to me.

Whatever it is, it sounds like you should definitely see a doctor to be safe.

I hope this doesn't happen to you, again! It sounds like a scary situation!
    [insert motivational quote here]

DX of Lyme Disease May 2010/Still under investigation for body madness

Comment

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me... that used to happen to me every once in a while....especially during stressful times
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
      Dx'd RRMS 5/27/11 · Started Betaseron 6/13/11

Comment

Thank you for the replies so far, and the sleep paralysis thing is possible oddly for me don't sleep alot and a few other things, either way gonna to talk to my neruo since sleep medicines is one of his other areas of studies so am lucky that my neruo is well rounded,

Comment

I had a very similar incident but upon waking. I woke, couldn't move and tried to call for hubby but couldn't make a sound, scared the absolute poops out of me. Lasted about 20 seconds but the most terrifying thing ever. This was probably about 6-8 months ago and have not had it happen again since thank goodness. Hubby gave a very plausible explanation (on par with your link) so I didnt think much about it til now thank you Ryluria for the link.

Jo

Comment

I had sleep paralysis in early MS many years prior to dx, and had it very often, long before sleep depervitation became my constant companion.

I had a 'black out' episode accompanied by a really violent grasping for something to hold on to, like I was spinning/ falling off my chair, as the black out faded. This happened while sitting in a chair in my office during a meeting.

I think it may have been a visual thing that caused me to lose balance. But I also have a history of epilepsy w/early MS sx's. As quickly as it happened and resolved, it was such a 'violent' episode it has stayed with me. Hope I don't sound overly dramatic, but violent is the most accurate description I can come up with).

Anyway, Epilepsy or Visual thingy is my unofficial explanation for my unexplained episode of 'blacking out'. I don't know if that helps you at all, but I hope it does.

Comment

Working...
            X