Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Info on Arteriovenous Malformation or AVM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Info on Arteriovenous Malformation or AVM?

Neurologist this aftertoon said my lesions might be vascular in nature, caused by hypertension. She mentioned Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM). I did a little poking around and found that in a small % of cases it can cause neurological problems. Since for the last 4 weeks I have had one big long headache and all my senses have been hijacked as Miss Clavell (from Madeleine) something is not right!

The appt went pretty well until she started inferring that it was anxiety related. I was diagnosed bipolar, anxiety, PTSD etc etc 10 years ago and I think it is a cop out when a doctor isn't sure what is going on so they immediately refer back to my mental health diagnosis. Sorta funny how I spent 10 yrs trying to convince them how real my anxiety can be and now they are looking in that direction. Believe me, never before has anxiety caused my food to taste different, half my face to numb & vibrate or for me to hear music!
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Morning

I think I am disappointed because I somehow had hoped the neuro would assure that she didn't think my symptoms sounded crazy, she believed me and that she would help me figure it out. Silly me, I know from experience that expectations can get you in big trouple!
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I hear ya LOUD and CLEAR!

Back about '87 the VA sent me to their shrinks!
      Their verdict was, I was not nuts, not even depressed, just "adamant" that something "ELSE" was wrong, just not showing up on tests. nearly a Quarter of century later, the same VA dx'd long standing RRMS........after decades and at long last running test...... go figure.

Sad to say, many with MS go thru a horrible gauntlet before they get real answers.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
      X