New here and in Limbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and in Limbo

Hello...Um little intro and a huge amount of fear.
    I am 24 y/o, live in the PacNW. My medical history is a big giant mess but I will give you a bit. I have been dealing with Anorexia for 15 years, in and out of hospitals, treatment centers. I recently have been doing "better" All through out I have had many health problems. I have oesteo, seizures, narco, and MRSA (which is from a PICC line). Well since y health has been stable this last year symptoms have been showing...My eye sight is pretty much gone...my seizures have been more freq., I have numbness in my legs and arms and feel weak...I am very atheletic (a side note of my ED) and I am starting to feel it go. I also failed the simple "walk the line test" and just feel clumsy...
    I went to my doctor and she was slightly shocked,,,I went in for a GI and scoped on my ends (lol) because my stomach and swallowing isnt quiet working. All this could of course be related to my destorying my body with anorexia but...its all become relevent. My doctor said in so many words that its a very real possibilty of MS. I have been told this before at my last Neuro but it was hard to dx because of the damage i have done...my brain scans then were abnormal. and they are more abnormal now.
    I see another dr, spec. in MS this week. My mom is coming with me but I have told her why. I am just scared and kinda wanting to give up. So in hearing all of this...i have been going down hill with my ED, because I just dont see the point. i dont have fight left in me.
    So I just wanted someone to talk to...and I read a lot of the posts before registering...i just wanted to thank you guys for being here and having this community.

fish,
    i'm so glad that you told us about you. bless your !
    that's an awful lot to go through, but you're handling it well. it's wonderful that your mom can go with you.
    drs. appts can be scary and unnerving. my DH goes with me also to help me 'hear' things correctly. he remembers better than i do, duh! he's 'normal'.
    but i also tend to only hear the negative that the dr is saying. so it's great to take notes - questions you want to ask- and drs. answers and other important things said.
    i'll be praying for you that you get some good answers.
    also praying that you'll take better care of yourself so your body can heal.
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

thank you so much..First I have to tell my mom why I am there...I dont understand intructions very well so thats where she comes in LOL! i am so just hearing the negatives...all thats wrong instead of things I can do to help...

Comment

Working...
      X