Grad School: Not Right Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grad School: Not Right Now!

I started grad school last year and have completed nine credits. At the beginning of this school year, I was taking another three credits but ended up dropping that class. Since then, I have decided to leave grad school. The MS fatigue and depression combo are just too much on top of teaching full-time.

So, I am feeling kind of down, but hoping to come to terms with my decision soon. Right now, it just feels like another thing MS has taken from me. Has anyone else gone through this?

Hi there,

I understand. I finished my masters about 6 months before I was dx and I had a hard time finishing it. The fatique makes it hard to concentrate on those hefty readings. I remember my husband reading my papers and making jokes about my lack of commas and how many of my thoughts seemed mixed up. I don't know if I would have passed some of those assignments if he hadn't helped me straighten out my thoughts before handing stuff in.

I thought I was so tired all the time because I was doing my masters while teaching fulltime but now I realise that it was a combination of that and MS fatique.

Have you considered finishing your program through distant education? that would enable you to do things at your pace when you are feeling up for it.

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
    X