Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try going back to work?

Hello everyone

I know this is an individual choice but has anyone here already been on disability and then decided to go back to work, just in a different capacity? How hard is it to get benefits back if things don't work out? I don't want to push myself too hard but I'm going a little stir crazy. I'm not the relaxing or creative type. I've always just kept myself busy by working and have only been diagnosed since June 2011. Any opinions or experiences to share?

S

I tried to return to work but my tremor sx's made interviews difficult for me and potential employer's were 'shy' regarding my shakey hands and twitching face.

Other than my sx's, I was well prepared and qualified for my interviews and for my return to full time employment.

Companies avoid re-hiring workers with potential high insurance risk, both for health insurance and risk for DI claims.

For most returning employees, continuing on Medicare is an option vs employer coverage, but I think 'avoidence' is the policy many employers are most confortable with.

My work history is in employee benefits within group insurance company, about the worst possible in terms of my being an 'acceptable' insurance risk.

Good luck in your job search!

Comment

Working...
    X