Possible Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Employment

After holding the same job for 10 years, I have been on/off unemployment for the past 1.5 years. I lost my last two positions quickly- one after 3 weeks, one after 9 days. I have since learned that I have cognitive impairment which is likely why I lost those jobs.

I have applied for disability but continue the job search- both because I need to in order to receive UI but also because I'd like to find something- at least part time. Which leads me to a dilemma. I received a call from an employment agency yesterday telling me about an opportunity that sounds great. I told her to submit me (I can't refuse after all). What do I do now? there's a part of me that thinks I could do the job if it's not that fast paced; the other part says I'm in denial since I thought I could do the other jobs as well. Do I go on the interview and purposely throw it? My natural inclination tells me to go for it and see what happens. Then the other part kicks in and says I could not cut it- even due just to fatigue issues. Has anyone experienced anything similar, and if so how did you handle it? Sorry for rambling....
    Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

I think it sounds like a good opportunity to check out. Go to the interview and give it your all.
    Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
    X