Back to School!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to School!

Just like always, it feels like summer just flew by. My district PD starts this Monday and the students start this Thursday.

Like I do every year, I'm thinking about all of the things I wish I had done over the summer and sigh. I'm reminding myself that it's normal to want "just a little/lot more time" and gearing up for what should be a good year.

Just switched from Provigil to Nuvigil and hoping the Nuvigil works as well as the Provigil to help me get through the fatigue. I love teaching and feel blessed to have a job that inspires me everyday. Hoping the MonSter stays in hibernation (I like the word hibernation better than remission as it seems relapsing is like fighting a bear) another day, week, month, year, decade so I can continue to do what I love.

I hope this message finds you looking forward to another school year. Good luck "in the trenches" this year!

My PD starts next Monday and the kiddos come on the 7th. I missed the final term last year due to the MS initiation- medical melt down. I am much better, MUCH better, but do have some lingering anxiety about how my body will react to working full time. Time will tell

Yes, letīs have a good year- laughter, learning, and bonding.

Take care,
    Temagami

Comment

I hope the new school year brings good things! Working full-time is tiring/draining/etc., but I love teaching.

Sending positive thoughts your way as you begin another year!

Comment

scared poohless

Hi there folks,

I was reading through this thread and temagami really struck a chord with me.

I was dx in may 2010 and spent most of the last year school year experimenting with different pain meds., going to see an OT and lots of fatique management stuff. One stratgey was a new teaching assignment (because my old job included 3 schools and 20ish different lesson a week). so I was lucky enough to get a new job for this fall. Still three school but only 8 different lessons a week. I will still be teaching full time but my planning is less than half of what it was.

I have been feeling so wonderful this summer and I am scared that I when I go back to work I will feel like pooh again. But I am staying positive, and I know that this new job is going to be better for me and I am really looking forward to meeting my new students and making some beautiful music! I just pray that all the intervention things I worked on last year help me this year in my new teaching assignment!!

Oh the anticipation!! Have a good week folks and good luck on the new teaching season!!

Comment

Nuvigil

Hi-- I was wondering if Nuvigil has been helpful to you. I am currently in student teaching/interning and napping is no longer an option. The student's questions and enthusiasm has me drained too soon in the day. I have been debating Nuvigil and may call soon.

Comment

Stellar89,

Welcome to student teaching! I hope that things are starting off well.

As to your question about the Nuvigil ... I really prefer Provigil, but I couldn't afford it anymore. The Nuvigil is helpful in the morning, but by early afternoon, I feel that its effects have worn off. I see my neurologist Monday and I will mention that to her- perhaps there is another solution. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
            X