want to pursue nursing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to pursue nursing

Just recently got diagnosd after a bout of ON, it hasnt cleared up yet.

How do those of you who work as nurses deal with the career and this condition? How did you handle the studying and the workload etc?

Thankfully my MS was kind to me during school. It was hard but I had the fear of this miserable disese breathing down my throat and that was a motivator.

Be prepared to essentially give up any sense of life as you know it now. It sounds grim but especially if you are doing the short LPN, ADN or accelerated BSN programs they move really fast.

I have always been real high energy but it was all I could do to work 30 hours a week and go to school. I managed to get it done and nursing has been very good to me. Once you are established the opportunities are nearly endless and with MS we need that. Good luck.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Thanks Jules,

Anyone ever have Optic Neuritis while nursing?

Comment

I just graduated nursing school, I havnt gotten a job yet though. I had ON during clinicals. I was really worried about it and talked to my instructor, but it ended up being fine despite my symptoms. I think it would depend on the severity.

Comment

Working...
        X