Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been made to feel like a liability

So here's my story.

I have worked for me current employer for 6 years, I was diagnosed 3 years ago. Up until 6 weeks ago I was an area manager. At the beginning of these 6 wks I had a relapse which left me feeling like I couldn't do my job anymore.

I stupidly listened to my depressed self and suggested to a collegue that I may have to change my role within the company (being an area manager I had to drive in excess of 150 miles a day). Within 3 hours of this suggestion I was called into a meeting where I was offered a managers position within my home town, I said I would have to think about it and needed to know the salary first. I was then signed off from work because of my relapse.

Within the weeks that followed (whilst I was off work) my area managers position was advertised and the whole company was told I had stepped down! But hang on, I hadn't made a decision, I still didn't know the salary.

I was then forced into accepting the position of manager as the salary could not be discussed until i had. Anyway I tried to look at it positively and returned to work as manager BUT it was hurrendous, the stress level was that high that my susmptoms went through the roof.

I then called a meeting to explain that I wanted my old job back but inwas told it had already been given to someone else and there was no way I could have it back,

I was then asked what my intentions were if I felt that the managers job wasn't for me', well I'm sure you can guess what I said.......that's right that I would have to leave and the response I got was nothing, just relieved expressions.

So here I am signed off from work again due to another suspected relapse brought on by the stress at work, earning no money and feeling like I don't have a job to go back to.

I've never hated my MS before but right now I despise it because if it wasn't for it I would still be at work as an area manager earning money and enjoying my job!

Someone please help me, I don't know where to go from here and I'm petrified!

Thanks
    Amy

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    'just keep riding the wave, calmness will come'

Another Beta Babe

How long were you out on disability? And how many employees does the company have?

If they have over 50 employees and you were not out over 90 days they cannot take your job away. Look up the ADA act.

Comment

Working...
    X