Classroom Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classroom Heat

I wrote this thread yesterday, but it never made it to the forum. Maybe I just hit preview and never submit. So I'll try again.

What do you do to help yourself stay cool - many teaching in brick buildings with no air conditioning and small windows for ventilation - even older buildings that once had beautiful arched windows now have smaller openings to conserve heat in the winter.

When I taught second grade, the room mothers organized a plan that would have some one volunteer to bring popsicles in after lunch on a very day.

What do you do to keep yourself and your kids cool?
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

The classroom I am in this year has a very good A/C system, thank goodness. And yet, I still get overheated because when I first arrive in my room in the evenings (I teach night class in a private college), the day class has the thermostat turned up on 76, which is way too hot for me! And then, when I turn the temperature down, I have students griping because they are too cold. (I'm NEVER too cold!) I finally told them to bring a jacket to class, because I have got to be cool.

I'm glad it's June. Just three more months to September and cooler weather! (I hope!)
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

spray bottle

When it gets really hot and miserable here, I fill a spritz bottle with water, and mist my face and arms and legs. The kids tried it, and loved it too, so I bought more spritz bottles and keep them around the room.

not a great solution, but better than nothing.

good luck
      You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

Working...
      X