Electric Wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Wheelchair

I have a electric wheelchair but I can not control it.....what should I do?

Who sold you the chair? They should have trained you on how to use it (and its features).

Call your doctor and ask for a referral to an occupational or physical therapist. They can help you!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

most electric wheelchairs, controllers ( the joystick unit) can be adjusted to make them less sensitive if the person has trouble control it,

i agree that in the first instance you should contact the supplier and the idea of an OT is great too as they can assist and help decide if a different controller etc is needed or if it is just a bit of support that you need. they do take a little getting used too though so do not give up

Comment

If the 'joystick' is too sensitive in the control movement, there are adapters you can purchase. I purchased a tennis ball looking soft rubber controller ($25 seven yrs ago) that works well.
        My chair is a Quantum. Usually use the joystick, but on 'field trip' excursions the adapter is the one I use, and my fingers thank me!

Comment

You can operated by a simple joystick your electric wheelchair

Electric wheelchair is a modern kind of wheelchair. An electric wheelchair is controlled by a special kind of motor and navigation controls, a small joystick mounted on the armrest, rather than manual power. You can be driven forwards, backwards, sideways, and diagonally your electric wheelchair, and also turned round on the spot or turned around while moving, all operated from a simple joystick.

Comment

Turn the speed way down until you're used to the joystick, and practice in a wide-open space. You'll get the hang of it in no time. Good luck!
            Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X