Fitted for a wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitted for a wheelchair

Yesterday I got fitted for a new wheelchair, which at first they were going to modify my current chair and add power assist wheels, but because the wheels themselves are expensive it did not make sense to modify my chair. So they took measurements and lumbar measurements so I can have better posture.

I tried the power assist wheelchair and OH MY GOSH it was awesome. I mean, when I activate the power and I wheel I zoom it was funny to see me wheel because I wheel normally will my chair, but when I wheeled normally with the power wheels I zoomed.

So I will be getting a power assist wheelchair that comes with regular wheels and the power wheels. I am so excited because I will be able to go out more and not worry if a dept store won't have a scooter available.

I am really excited, I mean I will be able to be more independent by being able to wheel myself and not feel so tired after wheeling. The frame will be a bright metallic green that my DD picked out.. I definitely recommend a power assist wheelchaid for those of you who like the manual wheelchair, but get tired of wheeling yourself but dont need a powerchair, this is the way to go. It is awesome.

Thanks for the info, K! I'll have to check that out because, while I love my chair, it is getting harder for me to sustain any time moving it myself. The power assist system sounds awesome!

Go have fun! Jazz
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Oh my gosh Jazzgirl, it was awesome to try it out. at first while looking at the chair I honestly did not like it, it looked to heavy.
      They said just try it! I did and WOW what a big difference.
      If you google it type in Power assist wheelchair you will see a pic of a quickie xtender click on the image ( hope I can post this info) its the one I tried. Jazz you will be impressed with it really
      Kari

Comment

Working...
      X