Anyone have a vertical wheelchair lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a vertical wheelchair lift?

It's also called a porch lift. If you're in a wheelchair or scooter you may have used one somewhere. I've used one in a historic hotel where the restaurant was up 6 or 7 steps. The have you go around into a back area and go up one of these.

It's like a short open elevator that you drive onto and it lifts you to get around a few stairs.

I have 4 steps from the garage to the house, that are getting harder and harder. Particularly late in the day or if I've already been out and back once, it's really hard to get my leg lifted from one step to the next.

If you have one, what brand is it? Do you ever have any trouble with it?

I don't have one, but there are a number on the web. Search Google for: 'wheelchair scissor lift' Probably kind of expensive.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

The one I am looking at on Ebay is made by Harmar, with a screw drive, and is about $3600. There is no room for a ramp in the garage, so this may be my only option.

Comment

I have a vertical lift through the floor so I can go downstairs. I live in a raised ranch so outside doors are downstairs. It is from Trust T Lift. works great, screw mechanism.

Comment

Working...
        X