walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

walker

Have finally accepted I need a walker-the cane is just not making it anymore. Any suggestions? Has anybody tried those 3 wheeled walkers? Thank you in advance.

Hi barba

I have a 4-wheel rollator, and a 3-wheel one too.

The 4-wheel one is sturdier, heavier, and has a seat (which lifts up and has storage room) and brakes. I use it to take walks around my apartment. It is too heavy for me to take anywhere, unless someone helps me to get it in and out of my car.

I got the 3-wheel one to take with me when I go somewhere. It only weighs 9 lbs, so very easy to fold and put in my car. It has brakes, but no seat. It has a nice carrying pouch and I put my purse in it, and it will accommodate a few bags too if I go to the store. That way I can get the bags into my apartment with ease. (For lots of grocery bags, however, I use a cart, but that's a whole different topic.)

For me, the rollator has been very beneficial in that it has allowed me to keep walking, while I am able. It is so nice to not have to be so concerned about my balance and falling. The cane just doesn't do the job anymore, except for around my apartment. (But even in my apartment, when my legs are very weak, I can use my walker.)

Good luck, I think you will be glad you got one!

Let us know if you do.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

when i needed a walker, i got a four wheeled one with a basket and a seat. most of the time i left the basket behind (it was attached by two hooks and was simple to remove). the seat was great, both for me to sit in and as a place to set things. good luck.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I got the Duet Walker Transport Chair by Drive. It's a really sturdy 4-wheel walker with big wheels, and you can flip the bar around so that it becomes a transport wheel chair.

It's really handy. My husband can push me in the chair longer distances, then I get up and use it as a walker for short distances.

Comment

walker

Thank you all for your input. It really helps to talk to others who have walked (so to speak) the road before.

Comment

Working...
          X