mobility cycle WITH leg strap?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mobility cycle WITH leg strap?s

I see many advertisements for mobility peddle devices and a stationary exercise bike sounds like a great idea but how do you keep your legs and feet in place? I would think they would or should have bracing straps of some kind. Any thoughts?

Hi Daisy, In November I bought a recumbent bike from the local Fleet Farm- $139.99. It does come with a strap on each pedal to put your feet in. However, I have a weak foot, so hubby has to put it in the strap, and then has to put another strap around my shoe and the pedal to keep it from falling off

He uses a strap similar to those you see on luggage. It works very well. I'm sure other kinds of straps would work just as well.

It feels so good to get that leg and foot moving again! Hope this helps you some. Good luck!!

Comment

we've owned an air bike for years and i no longer could use it but i kept looking at it, thinking how can i adapt this to meet my needs. then a light went off in my head. hubby put the back on bricks and tied rope to the handles. now i can drive up to it, grab the rope handles, put my feet in the stirrips and pedal away.

like you i couldn't keep my foot in the stirrip and my leg was so out of alignment. it was only a matter of time till i injured myself.

this led me to a chiropractor. he has gotten the leg straightened out. my foot has also been very weak but with continued use of the bike it is getting stronger.

hubby also put rope on the total gym so i could reach the handles.

these 2 changes have helped immensely.

calas/phyllis

Comment

To Sparky

No, I wouldn't say I was attached to the pedal Sparky. Being a recumbent bike, I don't have to reach down very far to unclasp it, or if we use the other one, it is made of velcro and I can just pull it apart if need be. But hubby is in the next room, and he can always hear me when I tell him I'm ready to get off. (or when I have to have him come in because I dropped either my puzzle book or my pen)! Poor guy- I keep him hopping!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X