Kitchen help for MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen help for MS

Mods, please delete this if it is improper.

I do a lot of the dinner cooking, and find it is harder to stand long periods of time at the counter to prepare food.

After a long search, I found, and just used, a great folding island that can be opened up in the kitchen, and sat at to do the prep work.
    When finished, it just folds up and leans against a wall. It looks nice and is easy to use, and it gives a good size work area. It could be used for many other things.

Take a look at the "Kitchen Island Co." web site.

I just use a inexpensive bar stool, it allows me to take the weight off my legs as the longer I stand the more gravity seems to effect me and the knees start getting weak. I just move the stool around as I need to work where ever I need to in the kitchen.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

IM LOOKING FOR CUTLERY...I HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH MAINTAINING A GOOD GRIP....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
        Nice website with useful stuff! I don't know which island you have but I'm glad it works well for you! I used to use a drafting chair. Doesn't work in this house because there's too much open area - nothing to grab to get to the other side.

But my last house's kitchen had a large central island I used to get everywhere! The chair allowed me to reach lower kitchen cabinets in its lowest position, and if I stood carefully on the rails when it was fully extended I could reach middle shelves in overhead cabinets.
        OMG, you just gave me what I was looking for!!! I've been doing searches on wheeled bar stools, with NO results that I was looking for! I was going to take one of my stools to a wielder to get wheels put on it, but I like your idea so much more!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
        MS, it's a brain thang!
        Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Originally posted by SharonKY View Post
          Check out the Sammons-Preston catalog (and website...it's a .com site). They have everything!!
          “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
          Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by SharonKY View Post
            Google "cutlery arthritis". Lots of options out there. Robyn

Comment

Sparky10 my chair is here!

Sparky, today when I returned from getting my venom shots, there were two boxes waiting for me! My chair arrived, I put it together, and it's AWESOME!!!! I can not wait until my daughter goes grocery shopping so that I can cook again! I already used it to wash dishes. Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you for the drafting chair idea!!!

Comment

Why does my post have me listed as msheiress89? I'm WACVet!

Sparky10, I just made macaroni salad, cleaned out my refrigerator, washed dishes, and I feel WONDERFUL!

Comment

Got my screen name back!!

Last night, using my drafting chair, I was able to make dinner (haven't done more than microwave in months), set the table, put leftovers away, and washed dishes!!! I LOVE my drafting chair, and wish I had one years ago.

The drafting chair goes high enough that I was able to get things out of the overhead cabinets, was even able to roll over to the back door to let the dog out. Sparky10, thank you for giving me back a little of my independence!!!
                  MS, it's a brain thang!

Comment

Sparky10, that drafting chair is such a blessing!! The other day, I made, vacuumed sealed, froze, chicken with bacon in a garlic parmesan sauce, brisket with mop sauce, pork with apricot sauce. Not only did I do all that cooking, I cleaned up all the pots, pans, utensils, counters, put dishes away, and scrubbed the sink out!!! Today I will be making cornish hens with all the sides. That chair has helped me so much.... I no longer feel useless!!!!
                    MS, it's a brain thang!

Comment

Working...
                    X