Anyone have a Shower Wheelchair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Shower Wheelchair?

It’s such a hassle to take a shower. I’d like a waterproof wheelchair I could transfer to and roll myself into my new bathroom with roll in shower. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hi brad1138.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about wheelchairs, but it made me think of the chairs designed for swimming pools, where there is an access ramp in. They would need to be waterproof. The ones I have seen were PVC pipe constructed.

I Just googled waterproof wheelchairs and some options came up. I am just not sure how you would evaluate them.

Another thought - if you have acess to an occupational therapist, maybe they could give you some guidance on waterproof wheelchairs.

​​​​​​​Final thought - I know around here we have a medical supply store that includes wheelchairs. If you know of a store, maybe they have a catalog that might include waterproof wheelchairs.

Hope you are able to find something to help you take advantage of your new accessible shower.

Let us know how you make out! Good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yes We have used this for about 6 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doxpok0k4RY

Comment

Working...
      X