Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back support and seat cushions for scooter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back support and seat cushions for scooter.

Hi I'm looking for advice about getting some sort of seat cushion and back support for my power scooter. The fact is my back has gotten to the point where I lose feeling down my legs more often than not and constantly in pain. My driver suggested an air cushion for my scooter that way maybe my back won't hurt as bad when going for rides or even just being in my chair at home. Also what about insurance has anyone been able to get the items covered through there's? I'm going for a baclofin pump test next month were they'd inject it in my spine. To see if a pump will help as well. I'm on oxycodone and time released morphine now along with baclofin. I am just hoping for to get better. Or at least not as bad off as I've been.

Hello Bobby 72.
    I haven’t rode my motorcycle in a couple of years now. I was an avid rider most of my life. Most all of the shops sell gel cushions and all kinds different back rests and all kinds of accessories for rider comfort. You can probably check them out on line.
    I hope you get some relief with the pump.
    Those Oxy’s and morphine are a lot !
    A lot of people swear by their pumps.
    There’s nothing worse than being in pain all the time on top of our disability’s
    Good luck and all the best.
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hi Bobby

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Insurance will only cover seat cushions for sling seat and power wheelchairs. Then certain criteria must be met depending upon the type of cushion they'll approve.

Air cushions are only covered by insurance for those who have a history with pressure sores, or have impaired sensation, and are unable to shift their weight.

A gel/foam cushion will help distribute your weight better than a foam one will. Not sure how well you can secure cushions to power scooters, so please be careful. You wouldn't want to slip off of it.

Best of luck with the baclofen pump trial next month. I hope it helps alleviate your pain.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I had picked up a cushion on line for my scooter. I think it was bought at Walmart for 35 bucks. The cushion stays in place pretty good, my problem is towards the end of day when the fatigue sets in and I'm transferring I find myself not getting on all the way and I slip off. I do like the fact that it's about 3 inches thick so I sit up a little higher and it feels a lot better than just the seat. I use a pillow on the back side to help me sit up straighter, just a little square pillow maybe 12 in x 12 in

Comment

Hello Bobby! There is a lot of advice for you so I hope you found the best cushion for you. Hope you feel better now!

Comment

Working...
          X