Suprapubic Catheter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sp cath and ditropan

i was prescribed daily ditropan but i stopped taking it yrs ago. i find i don't need it. occasionally, tho, my bladder does some spasmy thing so i'll take one. (i keep them on hand). i can't even say for sure that it helps...maybe it's a placebo effect.
    p.s. - to clean the incision area i use soap and water as opposed to alcohol or iodine...soap kills bacteria as well.

Comment

owl, i agree with kk, it`s you`re life!!!!
      thank-you all for the info too!! gonna ask (tell) dr i want to go that route.
      ps: going thru another uti.
      dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

sc

Thank you for the great info! It's looking like something I want to do and there are so many people that are happy with it. Anyone with a bad experience with this catheter?

Comment

bad experance

i had a couple of bad experances 1/i did not know the cath needed flushing 2/used the night bag to long and made the mistack of cleaning it with bleach ,it sprung a leak and soaked the carpet the stench was so bad it drove me out of the bedroom untill it dryed .all mistackes that i will never make again.

Comment

Bad E's

Thanks for the info. It definitely will be a live and learn experience. Can you not use the body bag for a short time or is it always there?

Comment

Working...
            X