Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For fun! What does a dream house for MSers have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fun! What does a dream house for MSers have?

Ever dream up your ideal home that's ADA accessible and easy to clean, organize and have fun in? I'm having a moment wishing things were easier around my house. I cleaned some today and am exhausted!!!

Came up with some ideas:
    A vacuum cleaner that weighs 5#'s or less!
    Darker walls that won't show hand prints - better yet, self cleaning walls
    Inexpensive elevator for 2nd story or basement ??
    Built-in Voice activated reminder systems for what needs to get done and for remembering where you put everything!
    A small robot that carries heavy things from room to room (good for living alone - or in my case having a husband that's a couch potato after work)

Any other ideas? Get creative! Please - my brain and poor tired & achy body needs some entertaining and I could use some laughs
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

a maid
    a cook
    a butler
    a money tree

Comment

a pool (in the house)
      a lift for the pool
      a lift track system that is remote controlled that encompasses the whole house
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

decorative chair rail that doubles as a handrail
        built in stool for in front of the sink
        personal heating/air conditioning for each location (I mean like each spot on the couch, etc.)
        wireless voice activated communication system with the rest of the house and the outside world
        room set up with physical therapy tables, etc. - would be extra nice to also have a personal therapist on hand

Comment

I just finished making lunch and would like to add..
          kitchen cabinets that automatically change height so you can still store a lot and reach it all.

Comment

Oh, ever since "Extreme Makeover" I have designed my house again and again in my head!

My house would have an elevator, laundry upstairs, the track system by remote control that would get me ANYWHERE in the house. BIG bathrooms with roll-in showers! Every cabinet accessible. Heated indoor pool with lift. A fulltime wait staff, chef, and PT person with all exercise machines, that are and will be in the future, perfect for my level of disability. Horses to ride safely. That I can watch from my window all day if I wanted to. A massage therapist as needed. A medical person on-call that makes house calls. Right now that's all I can think of. I'm sure there's more!
            Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Hey, snuzzer - that's not asking too much, now is it? You should apply for the extreme makeover show!

newme - I love your idea of automatic adjustable heigth cabinets and also heating/cooling spots on the couch. I'd like to add adjustable heating/cooling spots on the flooring!! Maybe a built in foot massager- push a button and the flooring by chair gives way to already-heated or cooled water system massager. Oooh~~I want one!!!

Looks like we all could use a maid and massage therapist on hand!

Comment

Seasha ( did I remember that right?) what a great question! I love the ideas everyone is sharing

Rather than a lightweight vacuum, I want a riding vacuum, I've been doing it on my knees and that's no fun; but it gets the job done! and a BIG screen tv that one can plug their computer into.

Trulie

Comment

A maid, a housecleaner, and a cook!
                  “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
                  Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Originally posted by Trulie View Post
                    Rather than a lightweight vacuum, I want a riding vacuum,
                    LOL - now that I gotta see! Great idea!!
                    ~Sesha~

Comment

my o my, we're not in ks anymore toto!

hey what a trip! i have lots of ideas both practical and fantastical.
                      i would have a bed that would stand me up when i am too spastic to reposition.
                      bath- well lit roll in shower skylight- motion sensors set to react to specific hand waves, etc that would set temp water flow etc.
                      one of those sit and soak tubs with the 'doors' so you can transfer easily whether in a wc or using cane,etc.

i would def have a big pool- roll in and lift. even one of those endless pool units would awesome. a series of kitchen-
                      easy to access individual refrigerated food beverage drawersthat slide out from the counters in stead of reg refridges. so to avoid over reaching, stooping bending etc.
                      indoor water feature to calm and soothe
                      dawn to dusk light simulators/ stimulators.
                      motion acitvated computer mgd. lighting, temp, sound etc.
                      a call/video system for when people come to door knocking and i can not get to them in time to answer. so i can see who it is and communicate 2-way.

an easy to access cooking set up appliances that self cleaning and can preset to turn off when food is 'done'
                      ( i forget too easy)

place to have and make music! big screen 'karaoke' and recording set up. a keyboard that will print out notation'/sheet music of what i play.

mindreaders for helpers- so when i am bedfast they can intuitively take care of household tasks. so i dont stress wondering if they r just sitting watching tv etc waiting 2 be instructed every step etc.

transportation!!! and not have 2 b on 'the clock' but freedom to come and go at will on 'my time'.

accessible gardening space, gazebo accessible roll in 2 use all season. outside my 'owner's suite'

patio or walled private garden outside my bedroom suite.
                      a big ramped wrap-around porch for inviting friends/family to make share music and make good memories.
                      lots of natural light! well insulated, hardwood floors, heated ceramic tile in bath.
                      wi-fi and sound system thru-out house.
                      pleanty of room for mobility devices in/out of home.

etc etc
                      dreaming is free and the sky holds no limits
                      tc
                      God's Peace to You from Almost Heaven WV.

Comment

Working...
                      X