Toilet seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet seat

We have a raised toilet seat with grab bars that has worked well for me for about a year. However, since I'm short (5'3") my legs do not reach the floor when I'm sitting on the toilet. My PPMS has progressed and now if I get positioned too far back on the seat, I am unable to readjust myself. I think I need a new toilet seat but I wonder if anyone has this problem and what kind of assistive device (if any) I can purchase or install to solve this problem.

If my question is answered anywhere else on the forum just point me in that direction. Thanks for any assistance!

Melinda

Hi Melinda:

Here's a previous thread that might help: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...vice-for-lifts

Below is my post from that thread about power-lift toilet seats. Might that be what you're looking for?

"Will a powered toilet lift seat fit into your bathroom? A couple of companies make powered toilet lifts for home use that fit right around the commode.

If you can stand up under your own power, deal with your clothing and make the 90 degree pivot on your good leg to move into the lift, it will power lower you to the toilet. When you're finished, it will power raise you -- not fully back to a standing position, but high enough that you won't have to hoist yourself up the whole way.

LiftSeat makes one (liftseat4home dot com) and Tush Push makes 2 different models for home use. You can google "LiftSeat powered toilet lift for home use" or "Tush Push."

They won't help you in the shower and they aren't cheap, but you might be able to apply for a grant through one of the MS organizations.

If it doesn't look like a powered toilet lift will work... never mind. "

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by jreagan70 View Post
      Hi Melinda:

Here's a previous thread that might help: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...vice-for-lifts

Below is my post from that thread about power-lift toilet seats. Might that be what you're looking for?

"Will a powered toilet lift seat fit into your bathroom? A couple of companies make powered toilet lifts for home use that fit right around the commode.

If you can stand up under your own power, deal with your clothing and make the 90 degree pivot on your good leg to move into the lift, it will power lower you to the toilet. When you're finished, it will power raise you -- not fully back to a standing position, but high enough that you won't have to hoist yourself up the whole way.

LiftSeat makes one (liftseat4home dot com) and Tush Push makes 2 different models for home use. You can google "LiftSeat powered toilet lift for home use" or "Tush Push."

They won't help you in the shower and they aren't cheap, but you might be able to apply for a grant through one of the MS organizations.

If it doesn't look like a powered toilet lift will work... never mind. "
      Not sure I have strength enough to use the power lift, but another option may come from the thread. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X